TWINKIE TWILIGHT?

It might be time to start stocking up on Twinkies, Ho Ho’s, Suzy Q’s, Ding Dong’s and Wonder Bread because Hostess Brands has filed for bankruptcy. Though it is always possible this could be junk food Armageddon, I wouldn’t be surprised if a snack conglomerate such as Nestle, Tyson, Pepsico or Kraft gobbled them up.

16 Responses to TWINKIE TWILIGHT?

1. Amanda says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2. Chaz says:

Those of us who emigrated from the East Coast have a back-up! Drake’s. Google and order online. May be pricey to ship here, but when that Sweet Tooth Siren calls to you…

3. mike says:

I’m sure Tallahassee is devastated

4. Chad says:

I think most of the products will stick around. Heck, Granny’s Goose was cooked in 2000 and the brand still exists.

5. Charlotte says:

I used to live down the street from the Hostess Bakery (plant) in East L.A. And oh the aromas, the nostalgia! The only Hostess item I’ve ever really liked were the cherry pies. To this day, they are one of my top secret indulgences!

6. Karl says:

Rumor has it that Sara Lee will be picking up these brands. Sara Lee is owned by Bimbo Bakeries.

7. BuleriaChk says:

Geez. just when Woody Harrelson in “Zombieland” had rekindled my interest in Twinkies…..

8. casper the friendly dude says:

Mexican company “Grupo Bimbo” from what I heard is buying it. I wouldn’t be surprise they already own, Sara Lee, Thomas Muffins, Oroweat and Arnold to name a few. I hope they bring out a hostess version of the Gansito!!!

9. Charlotte says:

I just can’t get over the name Bimbo Bakeries! You’d think they’d change the name in the U.S.! It’s like having an American company in Mexico by the name of Punta Bakery! Hilarious !

10. Pingback: TWINKIE TWILIGHT | The Restaurant Guy