TAQUERIA CUERNAVACA OPENS FRIDAY

As predicted in a December 31, 2011 blog, a new restaurant named Cuernavaca Taqueria opens Friday, February 17th at 201 W Carrillo St., the former home of Tepeyac Taquitos. The eatery has another location at 1117 N. Ventura Ave in Ventura. Thanks to reader Brandon for the tip!

9 Responses to TAQUERIA CUERNAVACA OPENS FRIDAY

1. SL says:

Awesome. The food at the Ventura location is really good. Arguably the best al pastor on the entire Central Coast. If the food is on par with the other location this will be one of the best taquerias in SB. That location is difficult, but if the food is up to snuff they should do OK.

2. a. rios says:

Wow! Santa Barbara is a very lucky city! I often drive from SCV to Ventura just to eat at Cuernavaca, they serve the best Mexican Food, truly authentic. Try their fried quesadillas!

3. Scott says:

The food at the Ventura location is sooooooooo good.

4. Mitch says:

mmmm, just got back from there. Got a veggie #1 taco and a cheese quesadilla. The taco was absolutely fantastic. I am ecstatic – they are right around the corner from my work!
    Thanks to those above who said this place was good – I hadn’t heard of it & might not have tried it.

• Mitch says:

Oh, and the credit card machine isn’t there yet – they had a note saying they’d have it soon (“next week”? “in a week”? something like that.).

5. Art says:

So glad to that Santa Barbara had a true taqueria I drove to ventura just get fresh taco sweet deal the greatest place

6. Mike says:

Went today and I wasn’t all that impressed. The tortillas did not hold the scant amount of meat…it all fell apart in a messy glop. Tasty, but very greasy. I appreciated the two tiny bits of real pineapple in the pastor. $1.60 a taco is better spent at La Colmena.

7. Alex says:

I ordered 3 tacos to go and was satisfied, but not impressed. I ordered 3 different meats, but was given 3 tacos of carne asada (which was still good). To go orders are wrapped in foil so I couldn’t see the error until I got home. The salsa bar is limited. No cilantro/onion on the tacos (just a large portion of meat), but it’s at the salsa bar. For $1.60 per taco it’s still a deal. I will return to try other menu items.

There are many other taquerias in town of comparable (I’d argue better) quality, serving tacos in the same style for similar prices. My favorites in order:
    -Los Tarascos, by Zodo’s in Goleta ($1.25 ea, full Mexican menu)
    -Don Roge (tacos only) Linden Ave in Carpinteria ($1.50 ea)
    -Lily’s Tacos, downtown SB on Chapala by the 101 ($1.40 ea?, tacos only)

8. Kris says:

What is their phone number?!?!?