THE WURST

I have been told that there is a walk-up window eatery named “The Wurst” somewhere near Cota St between State and Anacapa. I wandered around that area and was unable to find it. If you know anything about it please post a message here.

13 Responses to THE WURST

1. Emily says:

Wurst is located in the walkway between Blue Agave and 24 E. Cota (used to be J7 Surf Shop) that leads to the parking lot. It’s a door with a window cut in and some tables and chairs are usually set up around it. I believe the hours are 11:30am-2:30pm

2. Agustin says:

Yeah, its in the alley next to the Blue Agave, but it’s only open late night and for lunch (I think). If you go, try the curry wurst, it’s good! Heres a link for it: http://blueagavesb.com/2011/08/the-wurst/

3. Bob says:

Just went by Wurst to check it out. Lunch hours are Tues-Sat 11:30a – 2:30p. Try again tomorrow, those brats look good in the vid.

4. Chaz says:

As a youngster I remember seeing this slogan for a German butcher in a cartoon. It might be perfect for this new eatery. Here it is:

“Our Wurst Is The Best!”

5. SL says:

mmm tube steak. I’ll have to give this place a shot.

6. Shaun says:

Ate there last week with a friend, the food and service were both great, I’d give it a shot!

7. Charlotte says:

I wonder if they have authentic German sausages besides Bratwurst? Bock wurst is my favorite and is hard to find..along with authentic German side dishes. God Do I ever miss Gissella’s food at the European Deli, out in Goleta! Her German cuisine was the best I’ve had since Oma died. So my question is…..is it the off the grid, cool, German fusion kind of joint you’d find in Berlin? That would be really cool!

8. Johnny says:

The concept is awesome, the food however left a little to be desired. While very tasty, the brat was just luke warm and the fries were really soggy. I’m sure it was just an off day and I’ll be back to try again. The bread was very soft and the chili was smokey and delicious. Make the fries crispy and the dogs hot and I’ll be back once a week!!

9. Charlotte says:

Soft bread in a German place? No,no,no! I hope to hear better things of this place!

10. tcmk says:

Go to Brummis for authentic German bratwurst and other food selections on the menu. The owner is from Berlin and the food is indeed, wunderbar; takes you back to Germany. It’s like you’re visiting her home, having a delicious meal.