QUESTION OF THE DAY – FROM JAN

If you know the answer to reader Jan’s question please leave a message in the blog.

Hi,

I’m looking for a Mexican restaurant that does Sunday brunch – for a crowd. Not sure how many but more than 50, maybe. Any ideas? For April 1. (no fooling)

Thanks,
Jan

22 Responses to QUESTION OF THE DAY – FROM JAN

1. kaylin Fox says:

el paseo perfect

2. Charlotte says:

Yuck! El Paseo is pleasing to the eye and that’s it! Check out Cava in Montecito.

3. Whirldly says:

Pepe’s in Goleta has a Sunday Brunch, I believe they can also accomodate a large group.

4. Fay says:

Second Pepe’s

5. agnew says:

Casa Blanca, the food is way better and they have all sorts of room.

6. aeki says:

I would go to Cafe Del Sol

7. Jon says:

Pepes in Old Town Goleta

8. del pueblo says:

Del Pueblo in Goleta is one of the best restaurants in town. They have a second room that they would likely let you reserve for a party of that size. Hope John posts the results after you decide.

9. Delia White says:

I love Pepe’s. Del Pueblo is great, too. Different vibes. Have a look at both. The food is authentic at both.

10. Scott says:

Del Pueblo. Palapa?

11. Charlotte says:

Yes! I agree with Del Pueblo (we go there a lot) I guess Cava is too small for 50…. Oh and by the way, Bob, Cava does not suck, it may just be too authentic for you.

12. Jo says:

Los Aroyos in Montecito??

13. Andi Garcia says:

Domingo’s in Goleta will definitely work with your needs . Great family business.. not fullfledged Mexican restaurant..although owners are but many selections are Mexican food :) feel free to drop my name in there :)

14. 513805 says:

Unfortunately, SB doesn’t have a good variety for brunch, however, el torito on cabrillo has always surprised me. The food is fresh & menudo is pretty good. It will accommodate your large party. Since you have some time until your guests arrive, I’d suggest trying it out beforehand & maybe speaking with management regarding accommodations.

15. Liz w says:

Agree with 513805. El Torito has a new manager who has working hard at improving the overall experience and they do a lot of large parties. Call and ask for Richard. .

16. Jan, please feel free to contact me if you are interested in hosting your large group for Brunch here at Cava. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Best,
    Mandi McComb
    General Manager
    Cava Restaurant & Bar
    mandi@cavarestaurant.com

17. Jan Penney-Araza says:

Thank you all! I appreciate all the suggestions and comments. The tally is: 10 restaurants suggested; 4 votes for Pepe’s and 4 for Del Pueblo; 2 for Cava and 2 for El Torito. Cava manager invited discussion. I’ll check out all of them online and see where it leads. Thank you again!! and you too, John for including my question in your column. Jan