- Gerald Bostock on PIEOLOGY OPENS SATURDAY
- JGP on PIEOLOGY OPENS SATURDAY
- Tony from Goleta on PIEOLOGY OPENS SATURDAY
- Jim on SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET OPENS AUG 24TH
- John on PIEOLOGY OPENS SATURDAY
- John on PIEOLOGY OPENS SATURDAY
- Mikey on SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET OPENS
- John Dickson on SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET OPENS AUG 24TH
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: February 2012
Savoy Cafe & Deli at 24 W. Figueroa St. was recently filmed for the Food Network’s Diners, Drive-ins and Dives show. They’re having a party to celebrate the premiere on Monday, March 5 at 10pm (see photo) with live music … Continue reading
Cafe Luck at 18 E. Cota St., which closed last September then reopened earlier this month, has changed its name to The Pan. I called the eatery and confirmed that their voice mail is now using the new name.
Here are pictures from last night’s grand opening party at Cielito restaurant 1114 State St. Cielito opened in January.
Here is a list of local food & drink destinations that have closed in the last year: February 2012: Elements Restaurant & Bar 129 E. Anapamu St; Madison’s Grill & Tavern 525 State St January 2012: Kobachi Izakaya Dining 4141 … Continue reading
Recipes Bakery at 604 Santa Barbara St is having their grand opening party and ribbon-cutting ceremony this Thursday March 1st, 5-7 p.m. Enjoy food samples, raffle prizes and a tour of the bakery. All are welcome.
It might be time to start stocking up on Twinkies, Ho Ho’s, Suzy Q’s, Ding Dong’s and Wonder Bread because Hostess Brands has filed for bankruptcy. Though it is always possible this could be junk food Armageddon, I wouldn’t be … Continue reading
Panera Bread emailed me their official press-release this morning about the opening of their new Santa Barbara location at 3851 State St. this Saturday: PANERA BREAD OPENS FIRST SANTA BARBARA LOCATION WITH THE HELP OF ELITE GROUP OF ATHLETE PARTNERS … Continue reading
If you have a suggestion please leave a message in the blog. Hey John, Can you please ask your followers, via Question of the Day, if anyone has goose on their menu seasonally or otherwise? Thanks, Mike
Reader Steve let me know that IHOP restaurants (represented locally at 1701 State St., 4765 Calle Real in Goleta and 1114 Casitas Pass Rd in Carpinteria) are serving free pancakes on Tuesday February 28th. They give you pancakes, and you are … Continue reading
Reader Steve says a sign indicating that “Elevations Wine Bar” is coming soon has appeared in the window at 26 E. Ortega, next to Seagrass restaurant.
Reader Devon let me know that Sunday February 26th is the last day of business for Elements Restaurant & Bar 129 E. Anapamu St. in downtown Santa Barbara. I called the restaurant, which first opened 7 years ago, and they … Continue reading
Today I added 5 restaurants to the guide: Cuernavaca Taqueria – 201 W Carrillo St, Santa Barbara Root 217 – At the UCen on the UCSB Campus Subway – At the UCen on the UCSB Campus Wahoo’s Fish Taco – … Continue reading
Today I saw a sign at Panera Bread 3851 State St. that says their grand opening is Saturday March 3rd. I have followed the pending arrival of Panera Bread longer than any other restaurant mentioned in this column: 2 years … Continue reading
Today I added photos, a phone number and business hours to the SantaBarbara.com Restaurant Guide page dedicated to the new Carrillo St. Starbucks. I was surprised to learn that they open at 4:30am which might be an early-bird record for … Continue reading
When I stopped by the new 208 Carrillo St. Starbucks to get information & photos I took a look at the west end of the same building, rumored to be the future home of Jamba Juice and a sushi restaurant. … Continue reading
Boca de Rio Mexican restaurant has reopened at 318 N. Milpas St., the former home of Saigon Vietnamese restaurant which closed in January. Boca de Rio used to be just down the street at 326 N. Milpas St. but moved … Continue reading
On February 12, 2010 I first reported that Fresh & Easy is coming to 336 N. Milpas St. Here is a picture I took the other day of the construction in progress.
If you have a suggestion please leave a message in the blog. John, Every year we have a luncheon for between 35 – 40 people in a different restaurant, we like places that have a friendly atmosphere and make the … Continue reading
Petrini’s restaurant at 5711 Calle Real in Goleta is having their 2nd annual Recipe Challenge on Wednesday, March 14 at 6:00 p.m. I was a judge for this event last year. Enter your favorite pizza or pasta recipe and the … Continue reading
If you know the answer to reader Amberly’s question please leave a message in the blog. Hi John, I am a UCSB grad (2008) and longtime reader who now resides in Orange County. My boyfriend and I are coming up … Continue reading
As predicted in a December 31, 2011 blog, a new restaurant named Cuernavaca Taqueria opens Friday, February 17th at 201 W Carrillo St., the former home of Tepeyac Taquitos. The eatery has another location at 1117 N. Ventura Ave in Ventura. Thanks to … Continue reading
This Sunday February 19th a Food Truck Festival will be held at 111 State St. 11am-6pm. Participating food vendors include O Street Truck, Street Level Café, The New Black BBQ and Sweet Arleens. The event will also feature local teen … Continue reading
Reader Craig Smith spotted an alcohol permit application (posted February 15th) for “The Painted Cabernet” at 1229 State St. that will offer wine tasting and painting instruction. I found this description on their Facebook page: The Painted Cabernet speaks to … Continue reading
HDNet’s TV series “Drinking Made Easy” featuring host Zane Lamprey and “Stunt-Drinker” Steve McKenna debuts an episode on March 7th that highlights Santa Barbara. Here is a press-release I received from HDNet headquarters in Dallas, Texas: DALLAS – All the … Continue reading
Maggie’s restaurant is under construction at 1201 State St., the former home of State & A Bar and Grill. I sent an email inquiring about the status of the eatery and received this update from owner Maggie Shulman: John, Thanks … Continue reading
This just in from the corporate office of Wahoo’s Fish Taco: SANTA ANA, Calif. – Wahoo’s Fish Taco, a community mainstay and worldwide pop culture phenomenon since 1988, today announced the opening of its new location at the University of … Continue reading
Reader Tony spotted this sign for Grassini Family Vineyards retail space and wine tasting room at 6 El Paseo, right next to Au Bon Climat and Margerum. The sign was posted February 11th.
Cafe Luck at 18 E. Cota St., which closed last September, has reopened with limited hours while it tests a new concept. The restaurant is currently open Fridays & Saturdays 5pm to midnight. Here is the official word I have … Continue reading