- Charlotte on SANTA BARBARA-STYLE
- Justine on SANTA BARBARA-STYLE
- Glenn on THE NUGGET OPENS IN CARPINTERIA
- Glenn on SAMS 2 CLOSE
- Eric on SANTA BARBARA-STYLE
- Dan F on POLL: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE CLOSED RESTAURANT?
- Dan Futoran on POLL: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE CLOSED RESTAURANT?
- Dan Futoran on FAVORITE CLOSED RESTAURANTS
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Daily Archives: Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Reader Lael let me know that Spiritland Bistro at 230 E. Victoria St. has closed their doors. A notice on their web site reads: Dear Patrons, We are sorry to inform you that we are now CLOSED. We sincerely apologize … Continue reading
Ever since Ruth’s Chris in La Cumbre Plaza closed last June the rumors about a potential replacement have been flying at me from all directions, kind of like Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds. I am able to successfully dodge most of … Continue reading
This just in from Montecito Journal columnist Richard Mineards: I heard Cafe Shell in La Arcada on State Street, a tiara’s toss from Petit Valentien and El Cielito, is now under new ownership, a rather charming Irishman. It is being … Continue reading
Last week I received a tip about Kobachi at 4141 State St. that resulted in me calling during the lunch hour to see if they are still in business. I have not been able to reach them yet.
A rumor is going around that somebody is leasing three spaces on the Mesa that currently encompass Fantastic Sams, Subway and the old Fosters Freeze. The rumor implies that to make room for the new tenant Subway would be moved … Continue reading
Reader JP says that there is a sign posted at Burger King at 3707 State St. that indicates they are closing in August. Last September I reported that an application has been submitted for the Architectural Board of Review that … Continue reading
Reader Diana tells me that Sizzler at 5555 Hollister Ave in Goleta continues to be open for business as usual and that the current plan is to close in October of 2012. Last September I reported that Radius Group had … Continue reading