XANADU OPENS WEDNESDAY

Xanadu Bakery at 1028 Coast Village Rd (next to Vons) in Montecito, plans to reopen tomorrow. The business closed in July 2010 after a fire damaged the building. Owner Sepi Mashhoon tells me “I just wanted to thank everybody for supporting me, staying in touch with me, and helping me make the decision to come back.” Hours are 5;30am-7pm every day. For more information call 805-969-3550.

13 Responses to XANADU OPENS WEDNESDAY

Nice, they make a good sandwich and not as expensive as you might think for Montecito.

2. Delia says:

So excited for this comeback! I missed this place!

But are you wearing a headband when you sing it?

4. nick says:

As a native santa barbarian, I miss xanadu’s almond croissant! I had to find another croissant to fill the void, which was at Arnol’s in five points. Arnols took it to another level, but I still love xanadu’s almond croissant, and look forward to returning there after surfing Hammond’s and the Biltmore!

• DN says:

NICK: If you want a good almond croissant, you MUST try Renaud’s at the Loreto Plaza. By far the best!

• SL says:

For sure! Their croissants in general are awesome. I’d even go so far to say they are on par with what you find in Paris.

• a p c says:

Their expensive $5 eclairs are somehow worth every penny too.

• Bob says:

Ok SL, that is a very serious claim!

We hit up Xanadu today (used to go there every once in a while but were never regulars), and based on your recommendation I got a croissant (plain, although I remember the chocolate being quite good). Good, but not up to Parisian standards. Too doughy, not “light” enough, although my girlfriend maintains the recent humid weather provided us with a less than stellar example (she always loved the place). However, I replied that Paris has plenty of “humidity” and they [somehow], have no problems providing perfect croissants almost anywhere you go. That said, it’s great to have Xanadu back, and I got an unexpectedly excellent latte to boot (I don’t remember ever being psyched on their coffee).

• Elizabeth says:

Not familiar w/ Arnol’s — where is this place at 5 Pts?

5. a p c says:

So random, my roommate put that movie on right as I read that comment.

6. Bobby says:

So happy to see this coming back. It was my favorite bakery and croissant breakfast sandwich in SB!