OFF TOPIC

P.J.’s Hallmark Shop in Camino Real Marketplace in Goleta plans to go out of business the day after Valentine’s Day. They are down the street from where I live and I am sad to see them go. Nearly every birthday card, Valentine’s Day card, Christmas card or whatever-card I have given people over the last 10 years came from P.J.’s. Everything in the store is now 10-75% off.

7 Responses to OFF TOPIC

1. Fay says:

Wow, I’m sad on two levels: 1) for me – cause now I’ll have to go downtown to do my Hallmark shopping, 2) for them – such nice people – I hope they are retiring and not getting squeezed by outrageous rent.

• Linda says:

FYI, PJ’s was the last remaining Hallmark store in SB County. You’ll now have to go all the way to Ventura if you want to shop at Hallmark. This is a sad day. I’ve been a faithful supporter of PJ’s since it was in a former location and called Present Time.

2. Alycia says:

I’m really bummed to see them go to. I love this Hallmark store and go there for all my cards. Plus, it’s a fun store to browse through. I’ve purchased a lot of fun gifts in this store. Now where will I go for all my cards, especially in Goleta? Kmart just doesn’t cut it. I wish the employees at PJ’s all the best and we will miss you!

Yep it was a good place to go.

4. Mol says:

There are no Hallmark stores downtown. When Goleta closes the nearest stores will be the three in Ventura!

5. Casper the friendly dude says:

Even the Ventura locations get no customers. Why when you can go to dollar tree! and they even have cards in Español!

6. Yvonne says:

PJs was a great place to go for little gifts for friends. I’ll miss them a lot. I guess I’ll have to shop for my Hallmark ornaments online, but that’s not as fun. Bummer!