RUDY’S UPDATE

Here is a message from Rudy’s Mexican restaurant about the recent closure of Rudy’s in Paseo Nuevo:

To the city of Santa Barbara:

The Rudy’s family would like to thank each and every one of the community members, students, working commuters, as well as our dedicated travelers and tourists from the city of Santa Barbara. To properly thank you for your loyalty, we wanted to inform you of some alterations we will be making with our Rudy’s locations. Thanks to everyone’s patronage, support, and dedication, from our beginnings on Montecito Street, where we first began our business of making our famous tacos and large burritos, and of course, the Rudy’s burger, to our newest venture in the city of Camarillo, we have been in business since 1976.

We are pleased to have catered to all of you throughout these years, and we look forward to continuing the tradition. However, with a lot of consideration, our family has decided to close our Paseo Nuevo location in lieu of our new venture.

Our locations are as far north as Buellton, and extend down the coast of California to Carpinteria, and now down to beautiful Camarillo. Since opening our doors there this past September, the city of Camarillo has been wonderfully welcoming thanks to the great reputation the city of Santa Barbara has given us.

Again, we would like to extend our heartfelt gratitude to all of our loyal customers for supporting us throughout the years, and we welcome you to visit us at one of our six other locations, as we would be more than happy to serve our outstandingly faithful patrons. We look forward to continuing the tradition throughout the generations to come.

The Rudy’s Family

17 Responses to RUDY’S UPDATE

1. a p c says:

You’re welcome! My patriotism often goes unappreciated! I’ll miss your taquitos =(

2. Phillip says:

Where is this “Carpentaria” that they speak of?

• John Dickson says:

I fixed the misspelling

• Phillip says:

Don’t get me wrong please! I LOVE RUDY’S!!! (get the “steak fajita burrito”)…it’s just that I think if you own a restaurant in a “unique” town, you should at least know how to spell it’s name…(sorry Kaylee).

p.s. My punctuation is horrible…and I’m ok with it.

3. Kaylee says:

How immature of both of you to pick on the message writer’s spelling. You both knew what they were trying to convey. Grow up. They run restaurants, not schools. Their food is excellent and that is all that matters to most of us.

4. Andi says:

Oh LOVE Rudys ! The renewed location in Goleta is very nice and comfortable . Same great food .. Cheers to RUDYS and their continuing ventures ..YUMMM

That one seemed like one of the busiest ones when I was the there so kind of strange. I wish them luck in Camarillo, they are one of the local “mom and pops” that have now made it out of SB Co. Its hard to beat Rudys for good food.

• Steve says:

I liked their food and that location was convenient for me, so I’ll miss them. But one time I was going to eat there but the very small number of tables inside were already full, so I went somewhere else. Maybe the small location makes it hard for them to sell enough food to make a profit there.

6. Patti says:

I think that Rudy’s was thanking everyone for “patronage” instead of “patriotism”. Never went to the Paseo Nuevo Rudy’s, but IMHO the Montecito Street oringinal Rudy’s is the best. Carpinteria and Goleta mediocre. Hope they don’t spread themselves to thin!

7. Les Clark says:

All of us at The Berry Man love having a Rudy’s just down the street. Great Mex food and Awesome Burgers too!

8. VT says:

Loved Rudys crunchy tacos and chile rellenos at their Goleta location, but since they no longer answer their phones for to go orders, we now patrionize Pepe’s, and have no regrets.

Yeah the customer service is not the greatest at the Goleta one.