- NC on POKEMEE OPENS AT HOLLISTER VILLAGE IN GOLETA
- Christine on POKEMEE OPENS AT HOLLISTER VILLAGE IN GOLETA
- N on POKEMEE OPENS AT HOLLISTER VILLAGE IN GOLETA
- Lily on POKEMEE OPENS AT HOLLISTER VILLAGE IN GOLETA
- Cora on POKEMEE OPENS AT HOLLISTER VILLAGE IN GOLETA
- Lily on SOMERSET RESTAURANT OPENING DOWNTOWN
- AHB on NIKKA RAMEN COMING TO GOLETA
- Kathy G on SOMERSET RESTAURANT OPENING DOWNTOWN
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: January 2012
Reader Lael let me know that Spiritland Bistro at 230 E. Victoria St. has closed their doors. A notice on their web site reads: Dear Patrons, We are sorry to inform you that we are now CLOSED. We sincerely apologize … Continue reading
Ever since Ruth’s Chris in La Cumbre Plaza closed last June the rumors about a potential replacement have been flying at me from all directions, kind of like Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds. I am able to successfully dodge most of … Continue reading
This just in from Montecito Journal columnist Richard Mineards: I heard Cafe Shell in La Arcada on State Street, a tiara’s toss from Petit Valentien and El Cielito, is now under new ownership, a rather charming Irishman. It is being … Continue reading
Last week I received a tip about Kobachi at 4141 State St. that resulted in me calling during the lunch hour to see if they are still in business. I have not been able to reach them yet.
A rumor is going around that somebody is leasing three spaces on the Mesa that currently encompass Fantastic Sams, Subway and the old Fosters Freeze. The rumor implies that to make room for the new tenant Subway would be moved … Continue reading
Reader JP says that there is a sign posted at Burger King at 3707 State St. that indicates they are closing in August. Last September I reported that an application has been submitted for the Architectural Board of Review that … Continue reading
Reader Diana tells me that Sizzler at 5555 Hollister Ave in Goleta continues to be open for business as usual and that the current plan is to close in October of 2012. Last September I reported that Radius Group had … Continue reading
This just in from Frederika Smith, owner of Jungle George Grill at 5722 Calle Real in Goleta: Jungle George Grill is celebrating Super Bowl with our new menu and Happy Hour Specials, like mini shepard’s pie, pulled pork and meatball … Continue reading
You soon may be able to get a different kind of brew at your neighborhood Starbucks. The coffee company announced that they will begin selling beer and wine at stores in Atlanta, Chicago, Southern California and the Pacific Northwest by … Continue reading
I am hearing that Burger King at 3707 State St, which is being replaced by Chick-Fil-A, is looking for another home in Santa Barbara.
Today I added Recipes Bakery at 604 Santa Barbara St. to the restaurant guide. Their hours are Tue-Sat 7am-2pm. For more about Recipes Bakery we turn to Paula Lopez in the KEYT newsroom…
From their name alone I should have predicted this would happen some day. Montecito Confections at 121 E. Yanonali St in Santa Barbara have closed their doors and plan to reopen in early February at 1150 Coast Village Rd in … Continue reading
Reader Eric let me know that Saigon restaurant at 318 N. Milpas St (formerly Saigon In & Out) closed their doors Tuesday. Saigon continues to operate locations at 1230 State St. and 3987 State St. (Five Points Shopping Center). Reader Bob says … Continue reading
Grant MacNaughton puts his arm around wife Kate while watching the premier of their Mac’s Fish & Chip Shop (503 State St) on the Food Network. Photo Album: Viewing party at Mac’s Fish & Chip Shop Video: Mac, Kate & … Continue reading
Mac’s Fish & Chip Shop at 503 State St. will be on the Food Network tonight (Monday, January 23, 2012) at 7pm on the Cox HD feed or 10pm on the regular feed. Last October Guy Fieri came to Santa … Continue reading
Last December 19th I wrote that the recently closed Sweet Alley in Camino Real Marketplace will likely become a Jersey Mike’s sub sandwich shop. I stopped by the other day and saw a large banner for Jersey Mike’s in the … Continue reading
I am hearing that the food truck known as Culture Shock, which left Santa Barbara last August, plans to return to the South Coast.
I received a tip that the new Starbucks at 210 W. Carrillo St. (formerly Carrow’s) might open February 7th.
Unfortunately I forgot to close my window during the recent rain and the Rumor Machine, which was plugged in just below, got all wet and was starting to spark. As I was calling the experts at Make It Work to … Continue reading
Today I added pictures for Backyard Bowls – La Cumbre Chocolats du CaliBressan – SB Cielito Norton’s Pastrami and Deli – Milpas Petros – Santa Barbara Xanadu French Bakery
Many local restaurants are adding a 3-course prix-fixe “tasting menu” available during the Santa Barbara International Film Festival (January 26 – February 5). The 3-course tasting menus feature special/signature/seasonal items that highlight what the restaurant has to offer. The Film … Continue reading
Over the weekend while I was enjoying an Island Bowl at Backyard Bowls at La Cumbre Plaza I decided to do a visual inspection of the progress of nearby Panera Bread. The windows were too dusty to take a photo … Continue reading
This just in from Jill Brouillard at Fresco Cafe 3987 State St: Hello John, Happy New Year, and thanks to all your readers for the nods to Fresco Cafe this year in your annual “Best Of”! I wanted to let … Continue reading
This La Cumbre Plaza update just in from reader sbdude: Progress on Panera Bread is continuing: they have a “now hiring” sign in the window facing State Street. Also, construction has been on Chipotle at the old Baja Fresh. Framing … Continue reading
This just in from George Yatchisin of the Santa Barbara Independent: In anticipation of the February 22 Campbell Hall appearance of Top Chef head judge Tom Colicchio (who happens to own a chain of ’wichcraft sandwich shops), UCSB Arts & … Continue reading
Reader Laura tells me that a new sign has appeared at 210 W. Carrillo St., the former home of Carrows, confirming what Restaurant Guy readers have known since November 14th: Starbucks is coming.
Xanadu Bakery at 1028 Coast Village Rd (next to Vons) in Montecito, plans to reopen tomorrow. The business closed in July 2010 after a fire damaged the building. Owner Sepi Mashhoon tells me “I just wanted to thank everybody for … Continue reading
I met with owner Meichelle Arntz who tells me she hopes to open Recipes Bakery and Gifts at 604 Santa Barbara St. this Thursday or Friday, if the business passes all necessary inspections. Recipes offers cinnamon rolls, orange rolls, chocolate … Continue reading
P.J.’s Hallmark Shop in Camino Real Marketplace in Goleta plans to go out of business the day after Valentine’s Day. They are down the street from where I live and I am sad to see them go. Nearly every birthday … Continue reading