- Katie teall on MONTECITO CONFECTIONS SOLD
- Charlotte on R+D KITCHEN COMING TO MONTECITO
- Don on NAPOLEON’S MACARONS CLOSES
- Rob on NAPOLEON’S MACARONS CLOSES
- VT on R+D KITCHEN COMING TO MONTECITO
- Richard Lambert on TAMALES TO GO
- Sharon on R+D KITCHEN COMING TO MONTECITO
- whisele on R+D KITCHEN COMING TO MONTECITO
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- Stella Mare's - Enjoy cocktails, wine and casual French Country cuisine in a unique and charming location overlooking the Bird Refuge.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: October 2011
Chef Derrick Melton, who co-owns Mimosa restaurant with his wife (and Pastry Chef) Chris, reopens the 29 year-old eatery this week at 714 State St., the former home of Chino’s Rock & Tacos and Piranha. Melton closed his 2700 De … Continue reading
A new bakery named “Recipes Bakery & Gift Baskets” is coming to 604 Santa Barbara St. They will offer organic all-natural baked goods & chocolates, Australian-style coffees, a variety of sweet rolls, and more. I am told they hope to … Continue reading
Here is a press-release I received about “The New Black BBQ” that will be starting service in Santa Barbara this week: The New Black is holding its soft opening night Thursday, November 3rd at the corner of State & Haley … Continue reading
This just in from French Festival founder Steve Hoegerman: Bonjour John, My friends at Pacific Crepes [705 Anacapa St] are changing their hours. Pacific Crepe’s new hours are: Fridays 8am to 11pm, Saturdays 8am to 11pm, and Sundays 8am to … Continue reading
I received a tip that a food truck named “The New Black BBQ” will be starting service in Santa Barbara on November 3rd. Their web site is thenewblackbbq.com.
Reader APC tells me that it looks like there’s a coffee place/bakery opening across from the Saturday farmers market (near Cota St. and Santa Barbara St.). I haven’t had a chance to check this out yet.
Ben Dougherty, owner of Nardonne’s La Famiglia Pizzeria coming to 17 W. Ortega St., tells me that ADA compliance issues have delayed the start of construction of his new eatery. He hopes to receive a building permit soon.
The Gobble Song is a Thanksgiving tradition from Santa Barbara’s popular band Spencer the Gardener. As it turns out The Restaurant Guy also has a Thanksgiving tradition. Each November my email inbox is swamped with the same question: Which restaurants … Continue reading
I spoke with Brothers Restaurant at 2350 Railway Ave in Los Olivos over the weekend and was told that Mattei’s Tavern is being turned into a resort and that the dining destination won’t be renewing their lease in March 2012. … Continue reading
On November 10th the Montecito Wine Bistro will be coming to 516 San Ysidro Rd, the former home of Piatti. Here is a press-release I received about it today: Montecito Wine Bistro Opening Thursday, November 10 Chef Nathan Heil Manager/Sommelier … Continue reading
Reader Andi sent me photos taken today at Norton’s of Guy Fieri taping his Food Network show Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Word on the street is that he is in the middle of a whirlwind tour of Lito’s, Norton’s, Mac’s … Continue reading
This Saturday is the last day of business for Mimosa restaurant at 2700 De La Vina St. Mimosa plans to open a new location in about a week at 714 State St., the former home of Chino’s Rock & Tacos … Continue reading
I have received several tips that a new watering hole named “Frank’s Bar” is now open at 1208 State Street, sharing a space with East restaurant. I am told that they are open Thu - Sun 5:00 till 9:00.
Photo by John Palminteri
Today I added a few restaurants to the SantaBarbara.com Restaurant Guide including Fat Mo’s Burgers & Car Wash (Isla Vista), South Coast Deli (Isla Vista) and India Club (Goleta).
Reader Primetime tells me that the Carpinteria Wine Company is moving next month from its present site, at 4193 Carpinteria Ave. on the western end of town, to a prime downtown location near the intersection of Carpinteria Ave. and Linden … Continue reading
Food & Home Magazine is conducting their 2nd Annual Chowder Festival this Sunday, October 23, 1-5pm at the Montecito Country Club 920 Summit Rd. The event is a fundraiser for the Legal Aid Foundation of Santa Barbara County. Last year … Continue reading
The popular South Coast Deli opened their 4th location on Monday with lines out the door. In addition to having eateries on Chapala St., Carrillo St. and in Goleta, owners Dar & Jim St. John have opened a new eatery … Continue reading
This just in from the new Nutbelly Pizzeria and Deli at 915 Linden Ave in Carpinteria: Hi John, This is Nutbelly Pizzeria and Deli. I just want to let you know our hours and give you a bit of info … Continue reading
I am hearing through the grapevine that Food Network’s Guy Fieri will be filming his show Diners, Drive-ins and Dives at Lito’s, Norton’s, Mac’s Fish & Chips, and Savoy Cafe this week. The Food Network called me a few months ago asking … Continue reading
October 15, 2011 – Here are pictures from the Sensational Seafood fundraiser put on by the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History at the Ty Warner Sea Center. View the live SantaBarbara.com Sea Center Cam (you can move the camera … Continue reading
I received this message last week from reader Quinn about the Minnow Cafe at the Harbor: The Minnow Restaurant epitaph This week there is a hole in my heart. After more than 20 years of operation, the Minnow Restaurant at … Continue reading
The neighborhood where I live is overflowing with pigeons. Needless to say I was thrilled this morning when I saw this hawk in my backyard volunteering to help us eliminate them. I’ve asked the hawk to write about its dining … Continue reading
Sunny Pujji, owner of Spice Avenue in downtown Santa Barbara and Naan Stop in Isla Vista, has opened India Club restaurant at 5701 Calle Real in Goleta, the former home of Pick Up Stix. Pujji tells me “We’re excited to be … Continue reading
Piatti restaurant at 516 San Ysidro Rd in Montecito closed its doors at the end of September. Piatti will be replaced by Montecito Wine Bistro Pierre Lafond.
The Santa Barbara Sustainable Seafood Program invites you to join them for an evening of sensational and sustainable cuisine this Saturday, October 15th 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. at the Ty Warner Sea Center on Stearns Wharf. Experience ocean-friendly seafood at … Continue reading
Readers tell me that the JKL Food and Wine Corporation has posted a notice for a beer and wine license at 801 State St,. the former home of Rocks. The tentative name for the new place is “Snack Shack.”
The winner of the California Avocado Festival’s Guacamole contest was Cherise Kirkendall. A Carpinteria resident for less than a year. Her recipe was simple. Chunky guacamole, with tomatoes, red onion, garlic salt, and lime. Presentation helped too, with her beach … Continue reading
I am hearing that a restaurant is coming to 801 State St., the former home of Rocks. I have no idea what type of eatery it will be. As always, this rumor might be completely false or a brilliant forecast … Continue reading
The annual Santa Barbara Harbor & Seafood Festival is this Saturday, October 8th from 10am – 5pm. In additional to activities & entertainment, food options include Lobster, Crab, Prawns, Oysters, Sea Urchin Uni, Albacore BBQ, Brophy Bros. Restaurant Clam Chowder, … Continue reading