SIZZLER LEAVING GOLETA?

The Radius Group has just published a listing that says 5555 Hollister Ave in Goleta, the current home of Sizzler, is available for lease in 30 – 60 days.

27 Responses to SIZZLER LEAVING GOLETA?

1. Milo says:

Rolaid sales in Goleta will fall 75% if this is true!

• Debra Canby says:

I think SB needs a ‘chain’ restaurant…..For the old location, Sizzler’s, would be terrific for a Red Lobster, Macaroni Grill, Olive Garden, or something along those lines. We have to drive to Ventura to eat at any of the above places. I love eating out here in SB, but being a native, I would like to see more ‘family’ eateries, such as the ones listed above! A Cheesecake Factory would really be awesome!!!! BTW, lol on the Rolaids comment!!!!! ;)

2. Fay says:

Yippee, I would love to see another food establishment go there. We don’t have any pizza on this side of town, maybe even indian food; o.k. anything food, just good food. Bring it on!!!

Second that! Been there a long time though.

4. Charlotte says:

When the Sizzler opened in Goleta, back in 198? I was 16 years old and by far the worst job I’ve ever had to date!…I only lasted one summer. The food was and is as corrupt as the company itself! I honestly cannot believe they have lasted this long!!! ??? YUCK!

• Debra says:

After getting REALLY sick on the salad bar, I think 1992 was around the last time we set foot in that establishment, and was shocked it lasted as long as it did!! Adios, good-bye, and SB will not miss Sizzler!!!!!! YUCK is right! ;)

5. Robert says:

Awww…John, you didn’t like our White Men Can’t Jump riff’s?

6. DC says:

How about a Soup Plantation to replace?

• N says:

A Souplantation would be nice. But we used to have a Fresh Choice downtown next to where Pinkberry is now, and it didn’t survive. I wonder if Souplantation could survive in Goleta?

Like that idea DC

8. julibelleSB says:

Regardless of how you feel about Sizzler this is the first of the businesses that will leave Old Town Goleta as the Army Corp of Engineers & the City of Goleta begins the creek widening project. Eminent Domain process will forever change the small scale business environment of that area. There are many sides to this project but one thing for sure Old Town will never be the same (unless it is the same as Goleta/Calle Real-Fairview).
    BTW who designed that building for the Bottiani Family – Chuck Schmandt? Anybody remember?

9. Charlotte says:

Does anyone remember The Blue Ox? Pre Sizzler

10. Whirl says:

Yes, I remember the Blue Ox, and somewhere inbetween it was called The Elegant Farmer, Great Sunday brunch.

11. Pingback: SIZZLER UPDATE | The Restaurant Guy

12. Mary Blaylock says:

I really miss Sizzler from the good old days. It would be so nice to have an Olive Garden restaurant in there. I’d be quite happy with a Red Lobster in there as well. I wonder i the place is being considered for a new restaurant

13. Sandi says:

I just read about a restaruant franchise that might fit well where Sizzler used to be. It is called Noodle and Company. Google it.