- SB & TAHOE on DOWNTOWN PANERA BREAD CLOSES
- VRSPetey on NORTON’S COMING TO GOLETA
- VRSPetey on DOWNTOWN PANERA BREAD CLOSES
- Gerald Bostock on CLOSURES AT SB PUBLIC MARKET?
- kerry on THE FIG GRILL OPENING IN GOLETA
- kerry on DOWNTOWN PANERA BREAD CLOSES
- Debra on DOWNTOWN PANERA BREAD CLOSES
- augg on DOWNTOWN PANERA BREAD CLOSES
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- Stella Mare's - Enjoy cocktails, wine and casual French Country cuisine in a unique and charming location overlooking the Bird Refuge.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: September 2011
This just in from Pete Johnson of the Brewhouse at 229 W. Montecito St.: It’s back! The Brewhouse is once again hosting Santa Barbara’s only authentic Oktoberfest celebration. Friday October 7th and Saturday October 8th , the Brewhouse parking lot … Continue reading
Reader Glenn tells me that “Fat Mo’s Burgers and Car Wash” has opened at 6558 Pardall Rd in Isla Vista, replacing Flaming Grill.
I received this email yesterday. It appears that the Hollywood Reporter is taking an interest in the Santa Barbara restaurant scene. Good morning, My name is Richard Manirath, from the Hollywood Reporter’s Photography Department. I saw some images of Cadiz … Continue reading
Three Mexican eateries opened in Carpinteria during the last year and all managed to fly under my radar until last weekend. They are: City Market Tacos to Go 5292 Carpinteria Ave, Carpinteria, (805) 684-5737, Mon-Thu 9am-8pm, Fri-Sun 8am-8pm Don Roge … Continue reading
I launched the SantaBarbara.com Restaurant Guide way back in 1996. That same year Beach Liquor Tacos to Go opened at 794 Linden Ave in Carpinteria. I finally added them to the guide today.
A public notice of application to sell alcoholic beverages has been posted at 901 N. Milpas St., more commonly known as the building with a cow. The notice says the business name is “Sublime” and that it will be an … Continue reading
I stopped by the future home of Handlebar Coffee today at 128 E. Canon Perdido St. The owners tell me that their business should open in a few weeks.
Sources tell me that Nordstrom in Paseo Nuevo mall will be launching an “eBar” in November, offering a variety of quick-fix snacks and a hot bar drink list. It will be located next to the Canon Perdido St. entrance to … Continue reading
Before IHOP moved into 1701 State St. a restaurant named J.K. Frimples occupied that address. Before J.K. Frimples came along, a restaurant named Blue Onion called 1701 State St. home, back in the 1950′s & 60′s. Reader Don has scanned … Continue reading
A few months ago a friend told me that serving anything other than name-brand ketchup to guests is a social faux pas. For example, if I have a BBQ for a group of friends and serve Heinz ketchup or Del … Continue reading
I am receiving word that there is new construction activity at the future homes of Panera Bread and Backyard Bowls in La Cumbre Plaza.
Vegan Mario is no longer serving food at the commissary/commercial kitchen Events Unlimited (205 Santa Barbara St) and will open it’s own, dedicate location in Ojai. I sent an email to owner Amanda inquiring about a message on her web … Continue reading
An outlet for Renaud’s Bakery has opened for business inside Gelson’s Market on Upper State St., taking over duties previously performed by Jeannine’s Bakery.
Here is a message from Cafe Luck about this week’s closure of the restaurant: Dear John, We have had ample time to observe the downtown market and more specifically, Cota Street. Mr. Montesano has decided to discontinue the “Cafe Luck” … Continue reading
I am told that the Wednesday Farmers Market at Harding School (1625 Robbins St. on the West Side) is seriously low in attendance. Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to help save the Wednesday Farmers Market and … Continue reading
Cafe Luck, which opened at 18 E. Cota St in September, 2008, served their final meal last night. I am told that owner Gene Montesano may open a different restaurant at that address in the future. An official statement from … Continue reading
I received pictures of a cake and cupcake masterpiece made by Santa Barbara’s Robyn Loves Cake (robynlovescake.com) for a “Mad Scientist” birthday party recently.
Owner Todd Pazier tells me that The 805 Deli has turned 5 years old. To thank their dedicated followers for this great run The 805 Deli has been offering $5 specials throughout the month of September. Here are some special … Continue reading
Jon McDaniel, Wine Director of the Los Olivos Wine Merchant & Café located at 2879 Grand Avenue in downtown Los Olivos in the heart of Santa Barbara wine country, has announced the first-ever Santa Barbara vs. Napa Valley “Blind” Wine … Continue reading
Victoria Court has a new café at 11 W. Victoria St, suite 10, the former home of Cafe Bianco, which is next door to the popular Paris Street Boutique. Scarlett Begonia opened last week and serves Modern American cuisine (with … Continue reading
A new restaurant named Nutbelly Pizzeria & Deli has opened at 915 Linden Ave in Carpinteria, the former home for Chamomile Cafe. The eatery, owned by Joaquin and Janna Gonzalez, serves sandwiches and pizzas on homemade bread and dough. Hours … Continue reading
Here are photos from the Solstice Parade fundraiser at Pascucci Restaurant where “The Three Johns” were recruited to be bartenders.
The Radius Group has just published a listing that says 5555 Hollister Ave in Goleta, the current home of Sizzler, is available for lease in 30 – 60 days.
Wahoo’s Fish Taco co-founder Wing Lam has signed a deal to open a location at UC Santa Barbara. The restaurant, that will be replacing Chilitos inside the UCen, hopes to open by next school quarter. Thanks to reader Jonathon for … Continue reading
Today I added Rudy’s on Calle Real in Goleta to the restaurant guide. Last month Rudy’s on Calle Real in Goleta closed because they had out grown their space. Last week Rudy’s reopened at a much larger location just down … Continue reading
September 11, 2011 – Here are pictures from the 30th annual Taste of the Town fundraiser for the Arthritis Foundation.
“The Three Johns” will be bartending at Pascucci restaurant 729 State St. this Wednesday evening September 14th. 100% of proceeds from the bar area of the restaurant will go to the Solstice Parade. John Palminteri, John Dixon (Tri County Produce) … Continue reading
Gourmet curry truck Culture Shock has permanently departed Santa Barbara and now serves its popular Sri Lankan cuisine to hungry diners in San Francisco.