- Andrew Gault on MULLING ELEPHANT BAR’S FUTURE
- David on BARBAREÑO TO OPEN DOWNTOWN
- David on MULLING ELEPHANT BAR’S FUTURE
- Papa John on MULLING ELEPHANT BAR’S FUTURE
- VT on MULLING ELEPHANT BAR’S FUTURE
- Christine on THE CRYSTAL BALL KNOWS ALL
- Christine on MULLING ELEPHANT BAR’S FUTURE
- j taylor on RETURN OF CAFE DEL SOL?
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- Stella Mare's - Enjoy cocktails, wine and casual French Country cuisine in a unique and charming location overlooking the Bird Refuge.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: August 2011
Unless breaking food news happens I’ll be gone for awhile working on other SantaBarbara.com stuff (primarily my overflowing email inbox).
Here is a list of local food & drink destinations that have closed this year: August 2011: Chilitos at the UCSB UCen; Gaucho Café at the UCSB UCen (closes end of Aug); Wendy’s at the UCSB UCen July 2011: Mika … Continue reading
There is a big food truck gathering at the old Be Bop Burger this Sunday the 4th. 111 State Street 11:30am until 4pm. Live music from a couple of our local teen bands, as well as: The Burger Bus, O-Street … Continue reading
Based on a tip from reader Huyen about the future of the former-Borders location in Camino Real Marketplace I did a little investigation and it appears that beauty retailer ULTA is the front runner to take half the spot. I … Continue reading
Cafe Angelica at 490 First St, a familiar face in Solvang for over 18 years, plans to close Wednesday and start looking for a new location in Solvang. If they are unable to find a new location in the next … Continue reading
A resident living in a mobile home park next to the former home of Timbers restaurant (10 Winchester Canyon Rd) told me last week that he and his neighbors received notices in the mail that SB Motorsports will be moving … Continue reading
The Fishouse at 101 E. Cabrillo Blvd will be running NFL ticket on their TV’s for all of the Sunday games this season and offering Happy Hour all day in the bar/lounge area in addition to brunch.
Several local food trucks plan to gather each Saturday evening from 7-10pm at the corner of Cota St. & Anacapa St. For more details I pass the microphone to Michael & Cheryl Gardner, owners of the Burger Bus: Hey John- … Continue reading
Chef Derrick Melton of Mimosa restaurant (2700 De La Vina St.) tells me that he plans to open a second Mimosa location at 714 State St., the former home of Chino’s Rock & Tacos, Matador and Piranha. Mimosa will continue … Continue reading
Presto Pasta, located at 827 E. Montecito St., plans to open a second location on De la Vina St. To tell you more about it I have asked owner Albert Baltieri to come on to the stage. Albert… Hi John, … Continue reading
Here are photos from Taste of the Vine, a fundraiser for the Sansum Diabetes Research Institute, that was held in Summerland on Saturday, August 20th.
My inbox continues to be out-of-control so I won’t be blogging for awhile until I can tame the wild beast.
On July 11th I wrote that Sunny Pujji, owner of Spice Avenue was opening a restaurant at 5701 Calle Real in Goleta, the former home of Pick Up Stix, and that the name of the eatery and type of cuisine … Continue reading
After much delay, I added Cafe Zoma at 918 State St. to the restaurant guide. Cafe Zoma replaced Northstar Coffee Company last year. Speaking of lagging, I also added El Capitan Canyon restaurant at 11560 Calle Real (about a 15 … Continue reading
Brothers Jeff and Matt Nichols, owners and chefs of Brothers Restaurant at Mattei’s Tavern, have acquired the lease of the former Sidestreet Café located at 2375 Alamo Pintado Avenue in Los Olivos, in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley. The … Continue reading
Here is a list of food & drink destinations that have opened in the last 6 months: August 2011: Casa Blanca 330 State St; Chocolate Opulence 819 State St (Paseo Nuevo) July 2011: Norton’s Pastrami and Deli 226 S. Milpas … Continue reading
Jalama Beach, a jewel of the Santa Barbara County park system, and the last local beach camping spot that does not require a reservation, plans to end their first-come-first-serve system for campers that has been in place for decades. No … Continue reading
Reader Pam let me know that Shoals restaurant at 6602 Old Pacific Coast Hwy changed its name to Shoals Island Grill. I am told that the eatery is under the same ownership and that only a few changes were made … Continue reading
Local restaurant guru extraordinaire Arthur von Wiesenberger posted a video on Facebook of Katy Perry speaking on stage at the Santa Barbara Bowl over the weekend. Starting at 6:40 in the video she plugs La Super Rica, Rusty’s Pizza and … Continue reading
Today I added Hot Spots at 36 State St. to the “Open 24 Hours” guide. As it turns out this isn’t anything new. Apparently they went 24/7 shortly after they reopened in 2009 but I was still listing their hours … Continue reading
This just in from Silvergreens at 791 Chapala St: Hi John, I just wanted to let your readers know about our upcoming “Green Drinks Mixer” at Silvergreens Downtown next Tuesday, August 16th from 5:30pm-8:30pm. The Green Drinks Mixer is a … Continue reading
Today I added Casa Blanca at 330 State St to the restaurant guide. If you know their phone number please let me know and I will add it to their page. Yes, I know that’s MY job but I forgot … Continue reading
Recently I stopped by Cielito Taqueria that is coming to La Arcada in downtown Santa Barbara. Though the sign out front says “Coming Summer 2011″ I think it will be awhile before things are ready.
Today I added Jalama Beach County Park to the SantaBarbara.com Camping Guide. Technically it was already in the guide but I threw out the old page and created a completely new, far more detailed and photo-friendly page. I created the … Continue reading
A new Mexican restaurant named “Casa Blanca” has opened at 330 State St. The eatery is brought to you by the White family who own and operate FisHouse, Boathouse and Santa Barbara Shellfish Co. Owner Tom White sent me a … Continue reading
An outlet for Jeannine’s Bakery, located inside Gelson’s Market at 3305 State St., will close at the end of the month and will be replaced by an outlet for Renaud’s Patisserie & Bistro which operates a bakery next door.
Santa Barbara’s newest gay bar “The Pub” has opened at 224 Helena Ave in the Funk Zone. A gay bar with the same name used do business on Helena Ave decades ago.
New management has taken over day to day operations at Whale Tail Deli 1114 State St. in La Arcada. Husband & wife managers Patrick Casey and Marisa Moran are also in escrow to buy the business. If escrow closes at … Continue reading
But I’m at LAX right now dropping off my sister & nieces who are moving to Thailand (goodbye El Salvador) so I can’t tell you a lot more about it. However I can post some photos of Casa Blanca (330 … Continue reading