SUSHI AI OPENS IN GOLETA

Sushi Ai has opened at 7020 Camino Real Marketplace in Goleta, replacing Mika. The restaurant is still owned by Julia & Peter Lee. Julia Lee will be the primary family member running the restaurant now. Peter Lee operated Mika. The menu remains largely the same with one big addition: the “Family Boat” for $19.95. This new offering is large plate shaped like a boat that includes Tempura/Beef Teriyaki, California Roll, Chicken Katsu, Chicken Teriyaki, 3 bowls of rice and your choice of 3 Hand Rolls, 3 Miso Soups or Salad. Hours are Sun-Thu 11 a.m. – 9 p.m., Fri-Sat 11 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. For more information call 571-6552

Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to SUSHI AI OPENS IN GOLETA

  1. Glenn says:

    Hopefully this is not a HobNob Tavern spin where they keep changing the name for some reason. I always thought their food was adequate to good, not great, but nice for Camino Real folk. I wonder how business has changed for these stores with Borders closing, they still have the movie theater.

  2. VT says:

    Why would same owners change the name of their business. Makes no sense at all unless the Mika Corp. is in deep debt or something.

  3. pjt says:

    probably so they wouldn’t have to pay royalties to Mika

  4. Marty Cohn says:

    I have a great idea. How about wishing them good luck and all the best? I ascribe to the though that you should not tell others others your problems. 80% don’t care and the other 20% are glad you have them.

    Regardless of the nature of the business, they all require enormous effort and resources.

  5. Glenn says:

    Yeah but what would we talk about except saying “pip pip” to every new restaurant? Sometimes you need an SL to liven things up….Ok maybe a notch down from an SL but it keep things interesting! It would be nice to see on this site a better forum for discussions of food topics beside the occasional news blurb to comment on but this is better than just the review format previous at least and I sure don’t know how to make my own website like John does! I think a “best pizza in town” discussion thread would go on for years on end for instance. Maybe a Christmas wish list to the accidental Santa.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>