- Gerald Bostock on MOTHER’S DAY ROOFTOP BRUNCH
- Lily on MOTHER’S DAY ROOFTOP BRUNCH
- Margaret on CORAZON COCINA COMING TO SB PUBLIC MARKET
- Tigersharktoo on RETURN OF THE LIGHTHOUSE?
- Steve on LOMPOC UPDATE
- Rex Of SB on CORAZON COCINA COMING TO SB PUBLIC MARKET
- Andy on CAT BURGER?
- Nancy Freeman on MOTHER’S DAY ROOFTOP BRUNCH
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: July 2011
Today I added Sushi Ai in Camino Real Marketplace to the restaurant guide, which replaced Mika. Sushi Ai is owned by the same family that ran Mika. I also added photos to the page for Goodland Market and Kitchen. Sushi … Continue reading
This just in from Maggies restaurant coming to 1201 State St., the former home of State & A Bar and Grill: Please note that Maggie’s will not be open until the end of the year. The former State and A … Continue reading
Here is a message for the webmaster of the Santa Barbara Museum Cafe: Your web site SantaBarbaraMuseumCafe.com requires a password to view anything. I could be wrong but I don’t think that is what you intended.
Here are more details about Chef Karim’s Moroccan Night coming on August 23rd: Moroccan Night at Trattoria Grappolo August 23rd, 2011 at 6PM 3687-C Sagunto Street Santa Ynez, CA 93460 For Reservation: (805) 688-6899 By popular demand Chef Karim will … Continue reading
This just in from Goodland Market and Kitchen at 231 S. Magnolia Ave in Goleta: Dear Restaurant Guy, Here is an update on the Goodland Kitchen in Goleta: * Now open on Saturdays with Special Saturday Menu * We got … Continue reading
Here is a press-release about an event occurring this Saturday at Elings Park from noon – 7pm. Food & beverages included. For details visit alohaspiritbash.org. 2nd Annual Aloha Spirit Bash *Live Music *Live Dancers *Raffle *Beer Garden Food will be … Continue reading
Today I added the new Norton’s Pastrami and Deli at 226 S. Milpas St (formerly Arturo’s Taqueria) to the restaurant guide.
I just received this press-release from “Nardonne’s La Famiglia Pizzeria, ” a new eatery coming to 17 W. Ortega St. in September. They are currently in the last phase of the building permit process. “Established in 1976 in the San … Continue reading
On Fathers Day I was enjoying a nice BBQ dinner at my parents’ home in Montecito when I noticed that something was stuck in the back of my throat. Thinking it was a piece of overly-cooked chicken I tried to … Continue reading
Cleve Clayton, owner of Jolly Tiger restaurants, has died. If you visit Roy restaurant downtown you can see the original neon Jolly Tiger sign hanging above the bar. This sign used to be located outside of 901 Chapala St (currently … Continue reading
Santa Barbara’s 2nd Annual Tequila Harvest Festival is scheduled for Tuesday, August 16, 2011 at the Tennis Club of Santa Barbara 2375 Foothill Rd. Sample over 50 Premium and Ultra Premium Blanco, Reposado, and Añejo Tequila from 25 Labels, ranging … Continue reading
In this section of the column I offer you a sneak peek at real restaurant news that cannot yet be published or might never be published, depending on how the story unfolds. The names have been changed to protect the … Continue reading
This just in from Chef Karim: Hi John, I would like to share this with that I am joining together with Trattoria Grappolo in Santa Ynez on Aug. 23, 2011 for a Moroccan Night. I appreciate it if you would … Continue reading
Santa Barbara chef and caterer Edie Robertson will be on the Food Network show “Extreme Chef” tonight at 10 p.m. Edie and friends will be watching the episode at Jill’s Place Shalhoob’s Restaurant 632 Santa Barbara St. Feel free to … Continue reading
Adama at 428 Chapala St in downtown Santa Barbara now serves dinner Tues-Sun from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
After intense concentration and a wave of my hand over the all-knowing Crystal Ball, my eatery oracle has revealed a list of locations appearing in your future: • Backyard Bowls La Cumbre Plaza – Oct • Brendan’s (location to be … Continue reading
Sushi Ai has opened at 7020 Camino Real Marketplace in Goleta, replacing Mika. The restaurant is still owned by Julia & Peter Lee. Julia Lee will be the primary family member running the restaurant now. Peter Lee operated Mika. The … Continue reading
Here are pictures from Fiesta Ranchera at Stow House last night. This event kicks off the Fiesta summer season.
Goleta Coffee Co. at 177 S. Turnpike Rd (next to Vons) is celebrating their 14th anniversary today by giving away free coffee if you bring your own cup.
The Santa Barbara International Film Festival’s Silver Screen Bash fundraiser is this Sunday July 17th at Fess Parker’s DoubleTree Resort. This is a charity event to raise funds and awareness of the Festival’s free children’s education and outreach programs. In … Continue reading
Here is a press-release about Fiesta Ranchera taking place tomorrow: Rancho la Patera and Stow House, 304 North Los Carneros Road, is the scene this coming Thursday for the 4th annual Fiesta Ranchera, the best summer party in Goleta. This … Continue reading
Gary Lynd, former owner and general manager of Peabodys and State & A Bar and Grill, is the new manager of Coast Restaurant & Bar at 31 W. Carrillo St. Lynd brings over 30 years of Santa Barbara restaurant insider … Continue reading
Chef Brian Parks at Coast Restaurant & Bar 31 W. Carrillo St. has introduced “Farm AND Coast to Table“, an ever-changing new menu focused on local, sustainable and seasonable food, whenever possible, from the Santa Barbara and Central Coast region. … Continue reading
This just in from Ken Boxer, owner of Palazzio at 1026 State St: Hi John, Daria and I were in Chicago at the restaurant show in May and we came across the inventor (Terri Rogers) of a new alternative to … Continue reading
Today I added new photos for Palazzio, Wine Cask and bouchon to the SantaBarbara.com Restaurant Guide.
Because I published a single-day record number of posts yesterday (11), I decided to do something different today and write about goats. I was walking through a forest near my childhood home in Montecito over the weekend and came across … Continue reading
Traci Taitt, Vice President of Commercial Properties at The Towbes Group, called me today to say that a new lease was signed for 2,048-square feet at 5701 Calle Real, the former home of Pick Up Stix. Sunny Pujji, owner of … Continue reading
During the 4th of July weekend I didn’t have any fireworks on hand to ignite so I tried plugging in the old, rusty Rumor Machine to see if it would generate an explosion or two. As it turns out the … Continue reading
Way back in quieter, gentler, simpler times (June 12, 2009) I wrote that the The Pub will be opening at 224 Helena Ave and may have some sort of food component. A gay bar with the same name used do … Continue reading
McDonald’s at 1906 Cliff Dr on the Mesa has joined the elite club of 24-hour eateries on the South Coast.