- Ted on RUMOR MACHINE
- Gerald Bostock on THE DRUNKEN CRAB TO OPEN DOWNTOWN
- D Morrison on TAKENOYA CLOSES
- Mike on THE DRUNKEN CRAB TO OPEN DOWNTOWN
- Diana on SANTA YNEZ BURRITO COMING TO ISLA VISTA
- Ted on SANTA YNEZ BURRITO COMING TO ISLA VISTA
- Justine on MAC’S FISH & CHIP SHOP HOLIDAY APPEAL
- Bob on SANTA YNEZ BURRITO COMING TO ISLA VISTA
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: June 2011
Hello from Sequoia National Park. I am finding the iPad 2 to be very useful during its first test in battle conditions on the road, so I am able to bring you some news via a satellite link here at … Continue reading
I am on vacation in Sequoia right now. Even though it is June we got a foot of snow last night.
My childhood friend Flip who lives in Texas (he grew up down the street from me off of San Ysidro Rd in Montecito) has embarked upon a pilgrimage to Sequoia and Yosemite with his family and I plan to join them … Continue reading
Last week I reported that employees of Ruth’s Chris Steak House had informed me that the restaurant was going to close June 19th but management would not confirm or deny it. Now it is official and the date is indeed … Continue reading
Reader Primetime tells me that McDonald’s at 1906 Cliff Dr on the Mesa is going to join the elite club of local 24-hour restaurants starting June 16th. Speaking of Mickey D’s on the Mesa, I updated their exterior photo to … Continue reading
Today I added Padaro Beach Grill (3765 Santa Claus Ln) and Green and Tasty (food truck) to the SantaBarbara.com Restaurant Guide.
I received word today that there is a big “Rudy’s Mexican Restaurant” sign on display at 5764 Calle Real in Goleta, the former home of Presto Pasta. Given that there is already a Rudy’s at 5680 Calle Real, this report seems … Continue reading
Sweet Tooth at 6549 Pardall Rd, Isla Vista has closed their doors. The dessert destination opened in October 2010.
HobNob Tavern at 21 W. Victoria St has closed their doors. The restaurant opened in March 2010.
The doors at dearly-departed Dean-o’s Pizzarama at 1950 Cliff Dr were open recently and people were seen inside. The windows at the former home of Fosters Freeze at 1924 Cliff Dr are now boarded up. There was activity recently inside … Continue reading
June 1, 2011 – Here are pictures from last night’s Dining for Solstice fundraiser for the Solstice Parade. It was held at Pascucci restaurant, 729 State Street. 100% of proceeds, including tips, were donated to Solstice.
May 29, 2011 – I took some photos last Saturday at the Food Truck Festival on lower State Street and posted them online today. The event was a big success with steady a flow of hungry locals and tourists all … Continue reading
Brent Reichard, owner of The Habit restaurants and Hook Burger Bistro in Oxnard, gave me a tour yesterday of his newest restaurant: the extensively renovated Padaro Beach Grill at 3765 Santa Claus Ln in Carpinteria. In addition to being a … Continue reading
I am receiving reports that Tepeyac Taquitos at 201 W. Carrillo St, which opened last January, has closed. I tried calling during business hours and nobody answers. This is entirely unconfirmed and for all I know they are open for business with a … Continue reading
Reader Anita sent me a link to a new Geico commercial filmed at Cold Spring Tavern in addition to a video of actor Jeff Bridges & band playing at the Tavern last Friday.