EL TACO TEQUILA TAQUERIA OPENS

El Taco Tequila Taqueria opened Monday at 14 E. Cota Street, the former home of Square One. El Taco is not your typical Mexican restaurant. Owner Matthew Chrestenson tells me that their focus is being a street vendor-style taqueria. That means they don’t offer rice & beans or chips & salsa. El Taco is all about serving authentic tasty tacos. Think of El Taco Tequila Taqueria as a food truck without wheels that also happens to have a full bar.

El Taco offers quality meats, sauces, cheeses and vegetables for their tacos, all served on a 5″ diameter in-house-made tortilla which is larger than your traditional street taco. The full bar offers everything you would expect including 8-9 choices of agua fresca cocktails (fresh fruit, organic agave nectar and water).

In the very near future El Taco will be offering fresh fish brought in daily for their tacos. Plans also include to introduce a line of exotic tacos including rattlesnake, alligator, buffalo and elk.

Hours are 11am-close 7 days a week. For more information call 845-6226 or visit eltacotequila.com.

• View El Taco’s menu

8 Responses to EL TACO TEQUILA TAQUERIA OPENS

1. Amanda says:

I can barely read their dang menu!

2. Mike says:

Looks like a glorified Chinos, and we all know how long they lasted. Good luck.

3. SLV says:

Two thumbs down and a frown for the annoying menu font!
    The descriptions of the food and drinks sound good but the pretentiousness of the menu typesetting might be enough to signal to me that it’s a restaurant intended for an entirely different demographic….

4. Cass says:

Really? Market Price “Cerveza”. Now that’s a first – is Corona having a shortage I don’t know about? And since when is authentic Mexican food street style? Hopefully this works out for them, but in my opinion this concept is flawed.

5. Kory says:

So true. Honesty and everything regcnoized.

6. Reuben Jimenez says:

Love there taco’s :)

• SL says:

They are serving some pretty darn good tacos I must say. They are on the pricey side, but executed well. The place has been dead every time I’ve been in; I think that is a hard location for a place like that, but time will tell. One thing that has to go is serving the margaritas in plastic cups! I mean come on you are paying for top notch tequila is it too much to ask to get it in an actual glass!?