TIMBERS CLOSES

The Timbers Restaurant at 10 Winchester Canyon Rd in Goleta has closed. I stopped by recently and there was a fence across the parking lot and weeds-o-plenty.

10 Responses to TIMBERS CLOSES

1. SomeGirl says:

This has always been a very difficult location for businesses to maintain. The only type of business I can see surviving there is a truck stop/deli kind of place. Best of luck to the next owners.

2. impulsiv_sb says:

Actually, the place sold within 2 days ~1 month ago. I live in the Santa Barbara West mobile home park and the Timbers is on the other side of my back fence. My neighbor went over and met the new owner as the chain link fences were being installed. From what he said, the new owner plans on opening a restaurant there. The new owner did not give specifics, but my neighbor go the impression that it might be some kind of coffee shop/truck stop. We’ll see. FYI From what we have seen, there has not been any activity since the chain link fences were installed.

3. SL says:

This is such a difficult location that is made even more difficult by NIMBY neighbors that prevent the space from being used to its full potential. It’s a large property that also includes an outdoor area that could handle activities such as horseshoes and other games as well as live music. Unfortunately the neighbors have fought against allowing anyone to enjoy themselves at the property. It’s in such an out of the way location that it seems the way to draw in people you’d have to offer something more than just food.

4. David says:

In everyone’s minds, the Timbers closed 2-3 years ago. The fact that they actually remained open each day with 2 customers, serving a confusing menu doesn’t mean anything. I want to meet the man that is planning on opening yet another restaurant at that space.

• charlotte klein says:

I totally agree! I live down the street and for the longest time I was convinced that the restaurant must have been a front for money laundering???? If you keep the name of the restaurant you must keep the theme of the restaurant, these people did everything but that. Hope something good moves in and soon. Goleta NEEDS a good restaurant!

5. Krista and Tony says:

With the new bridge now open it’ll be easier than ever for people from the business parks to get over for lunch if they can get a decent lunch menu going, we live pretty close too and I welcome a new place.

T

6. roger says:

I remember eatin at Timbers back in the early ’70′s, and the place was packed! I don’t even remember seeing many houses at that time- It was like getting out of town to go to the timbers. Now that the area is choked with houses, noone can keep a restaurant going- Why is that? Seems like you would have a built-in clientele. I remember having great steaks there.

7. Fay Pressley says:

I don’t even need that great of food there (but it would be nice), just give me something decent, consistent and reasonable – oh, and let me dine with my dog outside!

8. Favy says:

I MEET MY BOYFRIEND AT TIMBERS 1/1/11 SHORTLY AFTER IT
    CLOSED. WE WERE SURPRISED AND SAD IT DID. BRINGS ME GOOD
    MEMORIES.

9. Charlotte says:

Back in the 80′s, my family and friends would go to The Timbers for dinner regularly ( when we were’nt at Brays 101, Jasper’s, Baltieri’s, Crabby Lobster) sigh….. It was great! Not only was the food always terrific but we knew everyone in the place! Friday night dinners at The Timbers carried on for hours…. Good thing we walked there, as our parents really enjoyed the lively bar. It’s a real shame the place is now closed, the neighbors around here would absolutely go…if the food was consistantly good and the place was operated by someone who actually knew what they were doing . The last owners hadn’t a clue as to what they were doing. It was horrible BBQ one week, then Mexican, then a deli, then a pizza place…all flailing disasters! People just stopped going. Then I heard it became a weekend Disotecca?? I would complain too! What were they thinking?