- The doors at dearly-departed Dean-o’s Pizzarama at 1950 Cliff Dr were open recently and people were seen inside.
- The windows at the former home of Fosters Freeze at 1924 Cliff Dr are now boarded up.
- There was activity recently inside the space previously occupied by California Pasta – Five Points at 3979 State St and a set of blueprints was spotted on a bench outside. The “for lease” sign is still in the window.
- An alcoholic beverage permit application in the name of Municipal Winery has been posted at 22 Anacapa St, the former home of the Anacapa Dive Center.
- The FisHouse at 101 E. Cabrillo Blvd has posted a “notice of development.” Rumor has it they will be expanding the bar to include a small outdoor patio.