- Mike on NONA’S ITALIAN DELI CONTINUES A 40-YEAR TRADITION
- Brian on THE DRUNKEN CRAB OPENS ON STATE STREET
- Gerald Bostock on VIVA SANTA BARBARA OPENS
- John Dickson on THE CRYSTAL BALL
- Steve on THE CRYSTAL BALL
- Whirl on GRAND OPENING
- Christine! on (ALMOST) GUILT FREE PIZZA
- Gerald Bostock on THE DRUNKEN CRAB OPENS ON STATE STREET
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: June 2011
A new eatery named “Nardonne’s La Famiglia Pizzeria” is coming to 17 W. Ortega St. in downtown Santa Barbara, next door to Wildcat Lounge. Because the windows were papered-over I peeked through the mail slot and saw that construction is … Continue reading
Reader PrimeTime tells me that Wanda Davis is retiring today after 58 years of being a waitress, the last 43 of those years at The Palms restaurant at 701 Linden Ave in Carpinteria. For more information see the KEYT story … Continue reading
Tomorrow a new restaurant named “Italia Pizza & Pasta” is opening at 149 N. Fairview Ave (between OSH and Vons) in Goleta, the former home of European Deli. Andre Neumann, son of European Deli founder Gisela Neumann, who retired in … Continue reading
Here is a list of food & drink destinations that have opened in the last 6 months: June 2011: El Taco Tequila Taqueria 14 W. Cota St; Italia Pizza & Pasta 149 N. Fairview Ave, Goleta; Padaro Beach Grill 3765 … Continue reading
Today I added a new mobile eatery named Thai on a Truck to the Food Trucks section of the restaurant guide.
A new mobile eatery named Thai on a Truck arrived in the Santa Barbara area last month. A description on their web site reads: “A fully equipped mobile kitchen specializing in traditional Thai food and ‘Pacific Rim’ street food. We … Continue reading
I stopped by 1316 State St. today, the former home of Cafe Buenos Aires, and was told that Greek eatery Petros should arrive at that address “in a month and a half to two months.” The Greek restaurant currently has … Continue reading
I stopped by Victoria Court today and spoke with Crista Fooks, owner of “Scarlett Begonia,” and eatery coming to 11 W. Victoria St, suite 10, the former home of Cafe Bianco. She said that her restaurant is on track to … Continue reading
I was contacted by the Food Network today and they tell me that the premier date for “Extreme Chef” has changed. The new premier date for the series is Thursday, July 21st at 10pmET/PT.
This just in from the LA Times: When Huguette Marcelle Clark died last month at the age of 104, there were plenty of questions about what would become of the reclusive heiress’ estate. When her will was made public Wednesday, … Continue reading
A railing around the outside patio, the final phase of the remodel of the Starbucks at State & De la Guerra, is being quickly completed for a visit today at 1:30pm from “top Starbucks officials.” Sources tell me that high ranking management at Starbucks were so impressed … Continue reading
This just in from Steve Hoegerman, French Festival founder: Bonjour John, The 2011 French Festival has been CANCELLED. There will be NO Santa Barbara French Festival this year. It is with great sadness that we make this announcement. Steve’s Journeys … Continue reading
This Saturday, June 25th 2:00–5:00PM you can swirl, sip and savor tastings from more than 75 Central Coast wineries at the Museum of Natural History’s annual Santa Barbara Wine Festival. Tickets: $85, $95 at the door (if available), members $60. … Continue reading
This just in from Jungle George Grill at 5722 Calle Real in Goleta: Hi John, Jungle George grill is sponsoring a blood drive in front of our restaurant on June 23rd and 24th. The first one we did was very … Continue reading
I am hearing that the name of the cafe coming to La Arcada, in the former home of Stateside & Acapulco, will be called “Cielito.” I am told that decades ago, before Acapulco moved in, a restaurant named “El Cielito” … Continue reading
El Taco Tequila Taqueria opened Monday at 14 E. Cota Street, the former home of Square One. El Taco is not your typical Mexican restaurant. Owner Matthew Chrestenson tells me that their focus is being a street vendor-style taqueria. That … Continue reading
Here are pictures from last Friday’s pre-opening party at El Taco Tequila Taqueria at 14 E. Cota St, the former home of Square One. The new restaurant opens today.
Last night Ruth’s Chris Steak House at 3815 State St served their last meal in Santa Barbara. The eatery opened in November 2007.
Here are pictures from a pre-opening tour of the the new Santa Barbara Airport that is scheduled to open in July.
The Independent and the Daily Sound are reporting that Jim McCoy, owner of McConnell’s Ice Cream since 1963, has put the business up for sale.
El Taco Tequila Taqueria opens this Saturday at 14 E. Cota St, the former home of Square One. El Taco is brought to you by the founders of Union Ale Brewing Co. I first wrote about El Taco on May … Continue reading
I have been writing about Panera Bread since February 2, 2010. I have issued a seemingly endless stream of tips and rumors about the eatery coming to Santa Barbara. In all that time there has never been any visible sign … Continue reading
The Timbers Restaurant at 10 Winchester Canyon Rd in Goleta has closed. I stopped by recently and there was a fence across the parking lot and weeds-o-plenty.
When: Today, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Where: Whole Foods Market, 3761 State St., Santa Barbara Description from an Independent article by George Yatchisin: The second year of a contest is like having a second child: it seems like it … Continue reading
I recently posted a blog item about activity happening at 3979 State Street (Five Points Shopping Center), the former home of California Pasta. Everyone and their dog have since told me that the activities witnessed at that address are preparations … Continue reading
This just in from Mac’s Fish & Chip Shop 503 State Street: Hi John, It looks like you had a trip that will keep you supplied with screen-savers for a lifetime! It seems like only 5 minutes ago that we … Continue reading
Local chef Edie Robertson, who delighted diners for many years when she was a chef/owner at Sojourner Cafe, is going to be on the Food Network’s new show “Extreme Chef.” Here is a message from Edie: Hi John, Thought you’d … Continue reading
This just in from Wahoo’s Fish Taco at 511 State Street: Hi John, Wahoo’s has a new menu option that I wanted to tell you about. We are offering a taco of choice, (grilled or blackened Ono, grilled or blackened … Continue reading
I’m back in SB, having returned from a vacation to Sequoia and Yosemite. In the unlikely event that you care, I posted dozens of pictures to my Facebook account. Due to ice and snow I was unable to scale Half … Continue reading