ADAMA OPENS ON CHAPALA

While going for his daily morning RoCo coffee, reader Steve noticed that “Adama” serving “vegan comfort cuisine” opened this morning at 428 Chapala St, the former home of Sevilla. This is the same restaurant, orginally named “Chamomile,” that I wrote about on February 28th.  I’m told that they don’t have the name of the restaurant displayed on the building yet and that people were seen “eating vegan Mexican-style food and huge muffins.” The hours for Adama are 6:30am-3pm. For more information call 560-1348 or visit their Facebook page.

9 Responses to ADAMA OPENS ON CHAPALA

1. Rea Warrecker says:

I was there this morning and it was everything I hoped it would be: fluffy pecan pancakes sprinkled with crunchy granola served with vegan butter and maple syrup for my kids and a quesadilla stuffed with two kinds of vegan cheese served with avocado, black beans and fresh salsa for me. Plus they have a full ‘to-go’ style bakery with muffins and baked goods that look delicious! Vegan or omnivore, you will be impressed. I just can’t wait until they open for dinner!

2. Carrie says:

Hi John,

Adama, SB’s brand new all-vegan restaurant, had a soft opening this morning…and the food was amazing! A group of about 10 of us enjoyed a wide array of offerings including vegan quiche, tofu scrambles, bagels, pancakes, fruit plates and more! After sampling everyone’s food, I can vouch that everything at Adama is fantastic! We also were offered the opportunity to sample Adama’s muffins and–vegan or not vegan–these muffins blow all others AWAY! I celebrated their opening with a post-breakfast chocolate cupcake….WOW! Everything at Adama is great and the decor is absolutely stunning. Would love to take you over there myself for lunch!

Carrie

3. Tyler Blue says:

Whoever is behind this has some serious optimism because that is one of the toughest locations in town. There is a crying need though for this type of cuisine so hopefully it will be a destination. It’s about time someone gave people a tastier, more creative alternative than Natural Cafe, Sojourner or Spirit Land.

4. Anita says:

I am so excited to have a new vegan restaurant in Santa Barbara! I will be trying it within the next few days!

5. rogue says:

yum yum wow, sounds delish! can’t wait to try it out :)

6. Michael says:

I watched as they cleaned and preped from a not so nice dark place, to a soft beautiful friendly and clean new eating establishment. Lots of hard work and love went into to Adama,and I am sure it will pay off. We need this kind of food in Santa Barbara! Michael

7. Laura says:

Hello, I am so pleased about Adama, the food there is delicious. It is my favorite restaurant, the atmosphere is so unique, reminds me of NY and the owner is so dedicated to serving the best of the best. I ate the pasta with pesto for lunch and it was the best pesto dish I’ve ever tasted and I’ve lived in Boston, NY, Clearwater, Philadelphia, etc…go there, the food is delish!