- Danny on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- N on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- Lily on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- m on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- Fay on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- Mark on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- SL on HAGGEN MARKETS TO CLOSE
- Mike on HAGGEN MARKETS TO CLOSE
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Acai bowl & smoothie specialist Backyard Bowls will be opening a third location this September. While enjoying an “Island Bowl” at Backyard Bowls downtown at 331 Motor Way (next to SB RoCo) I spoke with co-owner Dan Goddard who told … Continue reading
This Wednesday June 1st at 5pm I’ll be a waiter at Pascucci restaurant 729 State St for the Solstice Parade’s annual fundraiser. 100% of your dining bill, including tip, will go toward Solstice. I’ll be joining Mayor Helene Schneider, John … Continue reading
Santa Barbara’s chefs, restaurants, and wineries will gather for Share Our Strength’s culinary benefit “Taste of the Nation.” Taste of the Nation Santa Barbara will raise funds needed to support Share Our Strength’s efforts to end childhood hunger in Santa … Continue reading
May 26, 2011 – Here are pictures from the Santa Barbara Downtown Organizations Art & Wine Tour held last night. I actually took a lot more than this but my camera messed up. This new Sony camera I bought seems … Continue reading
The official word from me is that everything is fine at Ruth’s Chris Steak House in La Cumbre Plaza. They hopefully will remain in business for many years to come. However, I have received no less than a dozen emails … Continue reading
I’m told that there will be a gathering of all the local food trucks this coming Sunday, May 29 at the old BeBop Burger parking lot at 110 State Street from 11 am – 4 pm.
I am out for the rest of the week again (unless, of course, some food news arrives that urgently needs your attention). I’m not vacationing, rather, I’m just trying to get caught up with the business side of SantaBarbara.com. Visitor traffic … Continue reading
First there was the “Cupcake Invasion” which was quickly followed by the “Frozen Yogurt Invasion.” From my vantage point up here in the South Coast food traffic control tower I can tell you that a full-scale “Food Truck Invasion” is now … Continue reading
I did a rare thing today: I added a new main category to the restaurant guide home page. The new category is Food Trucks. I also added several food trucks to the guide: Culture Shock, Lickety Split’s, Mobile Cafe, O Street … Continue reading
After intense concentration and a wave of my hand over the all-knowing Crystal Ball, my eatery oracle has revealed a list of locations appearing in your future: Beach Grill at Padaro 3765 Santa Claus Lane Brendan’s (location to be determined) … Continue reading
I am told that La Bella Rosa Bakery at 1411 San Andres St has cancelled plans to open a new location. In March I spoke with the owners and was told that in May they planned to open a second bakery at 2911 De … Continue reading
This just in from Santa Barbara Independent food columnist George Yatchisin: Call for Entries for The Independent’s Second Sizzling Summer BBQ Contest Last year, we called it the First Annual, not only tempting fate but also angering grammarians. But the … Continue reading
A new hot dog stand has come to lower State Street. Here is more information about it from owner Shawn Dailey: Hey!!! My name is Shawn Dailey. I’m doing a classisc style hot dog stand in SB. It’s called Road Dogs. The grand … Continue reading
This just in from Fresco Cafe at 3987 State St: Hello John, Just wanted to let your readers and our clients know that Fresco Cafe is celebrating 24 years of continuos operation on May 27th. It has been sixteen years since … Continue reading
HobNob Tavern is still open for business. HobNob’s phone number in the phone book and on their web site is disconnected. The new number is 805.636.4232.
Like the mighty Mississippi, my inbox floweth over so I’ll be out for the rest of the week. I was able to get the number of messages sent to Santa Barbara Command & Control Headquarters down to 29 recently but in the … Continue reading
Here is a list of local food & drink destinations that have closed in the last 6 months: April 2011: Mariscos Boca De Rio 326 N. Milpas St; Square One 14 E. Cota St; State & A Bar and Grill … Continue reading
The fully remodeled Starbucks at State & De la Guerra reopened last Friday. Amazingly they added a second story loft inside for additional seating. Even though the interior looks twice as big now, I’m told that all the remodeling was done without … Continue reading
This just in from FisHouse at 101 E. Cabrillo Blvd: Dear Friends: This week our Maine Lobster and Dungeness Crab special will unfortunently go up in price (minorly) from $19.95 to $22.95. We will still be including a soup or a … Continue reading
This just in from Cafe Stella at 3302 McCaw Ave: We are open…and ready for happy hour! Merci! …Thank you!… To our new neighbors, supporters, friends…to the local community And many thanks to our staff for making our new project happen! … Continue reading
This just in from Deeahna Arrieta, owner of the new Adama restaurant at 428 Chapala St: Adama, vegan comfort cuisine, opened softly, not completely ready but just taking the plunge, on Thursday. Its an enormous learning curve as we learn the … Continue reading
Today, Friday the 13th, is traditionally a very unlucky day. It is a day when all sorts of bad things can happen to you if you aren’t careful. It is such an infamous day that Hollywood made an entire horror movie franchise dedicated to it. … Continue reading
I added the French-American restaurant Cafe Stella at 3302 McCaw Ave (near Las Positas and upper State Street) to the restaurant guide. They officially open their doors to the public today. Yesterday I was invited to participate in pre-opening employee training which involved enjoying … Continue reading
May 12, 2011 – Here are pictures from the new Cafe Stella restaurant (that opens tomorrow) at 3302 McCaw Ave (up the hill behind Gelson’s). The attention to detail inside and out is extraordinary. I tried the Prime Rib Sandwich – … Continue reading
While going for his daily morning RoCo coffee, reader Steve noticed that “Adama” serving “vegan comfort cuisine” opened this morning at 428 Chapala St, the former home of Sevilla. This is the same restaurant, orginally named “Chamomile,” that I wrote … Continue reading
I saw this sign posted on the window at 5955 Calle Real in Goleta, the current home of Santa Barbara Motor Sports and the former home of Good Earth Restaurant:
I was at a grocery market recently and randomly decided to find out what was the most expensive edible thing for sale (not including traditional medicines or alcohol). My research revealed that the answer is “Cool Mint Listerine Pocketmist” breath spray which … Continue reading
Last month I published a rumor that Au Bon Climat will be opening soon in El Paseo. It appears the rumor was true. I usually don’t publish news related to wine (which is why people don’t call me The Wine Guy) but I threw … Continue reading
Gisela Neumann, founder of European Deli at 149 N. Fairview Ave (next to OSH) in Goleta, retired recently and the restaurant is now run by her son Andre Neumann. Neumann plans to close the European Deli at the end of … Continue reading