- Lily on SOMERSET RESTAURANT OPENING DOWNTOWN
- AHB on NIKKA RAMEN COMING TO GOLETA
- Kathy G on SOMERSET RESTAURANT OPENING DOWNTOWN
- Jim on SHARKEY’S WOODFIRED GRILL COMING TO GOLETA
- Gerald Bostock on MISO HUNGRY OPENS UPTOWN
- Rex Of SB on SOMERSET RESTAURANT OPENING DOWNTOWN
- eric on MISO HUNGRY OPENS UPTOWN
- SLV on NIKKA RAMEN COMING TO GOLETA
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: April 2011
Last night several members of the local “food media” were invited to attend an event at the Wine Cask titled “Welcome to the Chef’s Counter.” I was lucky enough to be included on the invite list. When I arrived at the Wine … Continue reading
Today, the 30th anniversary of the space shuttle program’s first flight, NASA announced that the retired Endeavor space shuttle will be going to the California Science Center in Los Angeles. This means that Santa Barbara students are going to have some terrific space-related field … Continue reading
Victoria Court has a new tenant that caught my eye last weekend. A sign has appeared at 11 W. Victoria St, suite 10, the former home of Cafe Bianco, announcing the pending arrival this summer of an eatery named “Scarlett Begonia.” … Continue reading
This Saturday Three Pickles Deli at 128 E. Canon Perdido St is moving 10 feet away to their spacious new location at 126 E. Canon Perdido St, the former home of Jimmy’s Oriental Gardens.
Boathouse at Hendry’s Beach, Santa Barbara FisHouse and the Santa Barbara Shellfish Company will be donating all tips on Tuesday, April 12 to Andre Barbieri who was in a terrible accident recently. Here is a message about it. Time: Tuesday, April 12 · … Continue reading
On August 18, 2010, when the news broke that a restaurant is coming to 330 State Street, I wrote that sources told me it would be serving Mexican cuisine. On February 10, 2011 I posted a rumor that the name of the … Continue reading
On February 2, 2010 I wrote that Panera Bread was planning to open somewhere in Santa Barbara. On October 12, 2010 I updated the story and wrote that Panera plans to open somewhere near La Cumbre Plaza. I said that my best guess is that … Continue reading
Relax. McConnell’s Ice Cream at 201 W. Mission St didn’t close. They are currently undergoing a remodel. I have received about a dozen emails from concerned McConnell’s fans about this!
Fresco Cafe at 3987 State St plans to start serving meals on Sunday. Here are the details from owner Jill Brouillard: Hello John, I just wanted to let you know that beginning Sunday April 17th, Fresco Cafe in Five Points will … Continue reading
Former UCSB student and basketball star Brian Shaw might become the next head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers – read story
The Santa Barbara Daily Sound has an article today about the closure of city parking Lot 10 (at Anacapa & Ortega) and how it is negatively affecting nearby restaurants. The four-story, 546-space garage has been undergoing a seismic retrofit since February. … Continue reading
This just in from the Food Network: Hi John, My name is Piper and I am a Casting Director in Los Angeles. We are currently looking in Southern California for Executive Chefs and Executive Sous Chefs for a new series … Continue reading
April 2, 2011 – Here are pictures from the Santa Barbara Muscular Dystrophy Association’s Winter Wine Down fundraiser held at Alameda Park last Saturday.
After closing last December, the Beach Grill at Padaro at 3765 Santa Claus Lane in Carpinteria is set to reopen toward the end of April under new ownership. Renovations are currently underway. In January I posted a rumor that the founders … Continue reading
I recently found out about a new bakery named Wayne Kjar Cakes that opened 5 months ago at 2018 Cliff Drive on the Mesa. It is run by Wayne Kjar who is the former owner of Hennings Cake Boutique and is the … Continue reading
Today I added Carpinteria icon Robitaille’s at 900 Linden Ave to the dessert section of the restaurant guide. I also added Wayne Kjar Cakes at 2018 Cliff Dr to the bakery section.
I recently heard about a new commissary/commercial kitchen named Events Unlimited that has opened at 205 Santa Barbara St (805-966-4818), right across from Metropulos deli. I hear that several businesses share the space including Wild Cutures (wildcultures.com) who makes kombucha tea infused … Continue reading
In another sign of the recession’s heavy toll on local restaurants, it has come to my attention this morning that Brophy Bros. at the harbor is scheduled to be replaced by a BevMo! alcoholic beverage superstore. BevMo! spokesman Jack Daniels said in a press-release: … Continue reading