Though the owner and the Indy might turn my body into Swiss cheese for saying this, I am going to officially declare Zia Cafe at 532 State St closed. This is because Zia failed my 5-point restaurant mortality test:
1) Is the phone number disconnected? Check.
2) Is a “for lease” sign on the building? Check.
3) Did someone post an inquiry on Edhat.com asking “What’s Up with (insert restaurant name here)?” Check.
4) Do the place settings, chairs and miscellaneous stuff seem to be accumulating dust? Check.
5) Are the place settings, chairs and miscellaneous stuff in the exact same position as they were many months earlier? Check.