DRIVE-THRU

This just in from reader Jennifer: “There was a yellow ‘notice of proposed construction’ sign near the McDonalds in the Camino Real Marketplace that said they are proposing to put in a drive thru at the McDonalds. I saw it over the weekend.”

12 Responses to DRIVE-THRU

1. SL says:

This was reported over on Edhat last week. You’d think by the way folks reacted to the post that SB was banning prune juice and allowing skateboard on sidewalks.

2. Pablo says:

Funny that you mention a Drive thru. I think what is going to happen is they are going to create a Drive around ordering system. The last drive thru i saw was the In and Out on Ventura Blvd in Woodland hills. It goes right thru the kitchen.

Ha ha

Went by and asked the workers and they were not aware of any proposed development…

• Steve says:

Why would the owner of the mcdonalds need to run that by the counter staff?

• Glenn says:

People say the owner petitioned for one and I guess there was a flyer up somewhere but I did not see anything when I was there but you’d think where you work you would know the hubbub of what is going on right?

• SL says:

Glenn, remember we are talking about McDonald’s here. The cash register jokey probably has no idea what the franchisee or corporate have planned for the location. There’s the traditional “notice of development” sign posted on the property.

• Glenn says:

I was waiting for the no brains McD worker comment but not from you SL, I think you need to take a breather from blogging? I do enjoy your comments though so keep it up! You are definitely keeping everybody blogging! :) A few of the workers I asked thought it would be a couple of years.

4. SL says:

There’s plenty of McD workers with brains and most are friendly and helpful, but the idea that they are in the loop of what franchisee/corporate level management has in the works is highly unlikely, just sayin,’

5. KT says:

That’s a Baaaaad Idea. I can just see a long line of cars backed up all the way to Hollister Brewing (have you ever seen the lines an In-n-Out?). Plus they’d exit the drive thru and most likely try to turn left to get back onto Storke even though its no-left turn zone. Unfortunately that entrance to Camino is poorly designed and prone to road-blocking, a Mickey-D drive thru there would be a disaster.