- Mike on NOODLE CITY UPDATE
- Ted on RETURN OF THE LIGHTHOUSE?
- shelley on RETURN OF THE LIGHTHOUSE?
- Milo on MOTHER’S DAY ROOFTOP BRUNCH
- Gerald Bostock on MOTHER’S DAY ROOFTOP BRUNCH
- Lily on MOTHER’S DAY ROOFTOP BRUNCH
- Margaret on CORAZON COCINA COMING TO SB PUBLIC MARKET
- Tigersharktoo on RETURN OF THE LIGHTHOUSE?
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: March 2011
If this is not the first time you have read this column then you know I like tacos. On a typical day I will have two tacos for lunch. Over time I found that local-only restaurant tacos (without rice & beans) cost around … Continue reading
Today I added photos of Momma Donna’s at 413 State Street to the restaurant guide. They opened in February, replacing Billies.
Hello from my office at Coffee Cat! This just in from Holdren’s Steaks & Seafood: Hey John, Just wanted to let you know about a special that we are going to be running. For the month of April we are … Continue reading
This just in from Here’s the Scoop: Hi John, Here’s the SCOOP will be celebrating their 7th anniversary this Saturday, April 2nd We want to thank you, our customers and your loyal readers for their support. As a special treat … Continue reading
This just in from Los Tarascos – Goleta: Hi John, My name is Enoch Rojas, owner of los Tarascos Mexican Restaurant; previously Bakery and Deli. This is exactly the reason for my message. I wonder if you could let all … Continue reading
I am fortunate to have a business that you can run entirely from a laptop, though I usually operate from my home desktop computer. Over the next couple of weeks I will be running SantaBarbara.com (and several other endeavors) from … Continue reading
Though the owner and the Indy might turn my body into Swiss cheese for saying this, I am going to officially declare Zia Cafe at 532 State St closed. This is because Zia failed my 5-point restaurant mortality test: 1) Is the phone number … Continue reading
IHOP – Goleta closed yesterday to remodel the interior and repave the parking lot. They will reopen later this week.
Today I added photos of Southern Mediterranean restaurant Cadiz to the guide and also scanned their menu. The entrees will change periodically so every item listed here might not always be available. 509 State Street has been through an amazing transformation in … Continue reading
I received this email yesterday from Cafe Buenos Aires: We are sad to announce that we will be serving tomorrow and saying good bye after 19 years. I recommend to make reservations since we may be pretty busy, especially if it … Continue reading
This just in from Greek House Cafe at 5 W. Haley St: Hi John, Thanks again to you and all our customers as we celebrate our 4th anniversary. We are pleased to announce the completion of our new kitchen and grill. … Continue reading
I spoke with Cafe Buenos Aires on the phone Thursday evening and was told that the restaurant will be closed for good next week and will be replaced by “another restaurant.” A friend, who meets every week at Cafe Buenos Aires for Argentinian tango, … Continue reading
I was looking at a map of the Verizon Wireless coverage area today and noticed that they have Santa Barbara listed as one of the cities slated to have high-speed 4G data coverage this year. On the map below, the … Continue reading
Though the final closing party is Friday night starting at 6pm, there are three bands playing tonight (Thursday) at State & A Bar and Grill for another goodbye party. Here is a message about it from Steve Epstein: Bad news: State and A is … Continue reading
I was at Coffee Bean 3052 De La Vina St last weekend having a chat with Richard Payatt, owner of 4 local Taco Bell restaurants, when we were approached by two girls conducting research for a class project at Peabody School. … Continue reading
Join law enforcement is support of Special Olympics Santa Barbara at local restaurants. The Santa Barbara Police and Probation Departments will be on hand to “serve” a great meal. All Tips Benefit Special Olympics programs in Santa Barbara. The public is … Continue reading
The Santa Barbara Daily Sound newspaper, where I have been writing a weekly restaurant news column for nearly 4 years, is celebrating their 5th birthday today. Congratulations!
This just in from reader Jennifer: “There was a yellow ‘notice of proposed construction’ sign near the McDonalds in the Camino Real Marketplace that said they are proposing to put in a drive thru at the McDonalds. I saw it … Continue reading
Santa Barbara will soon have two vegan restaurants right next to each other. Alchemy Arts Cafe just opened at 430 Chapala Street and The Chamomile is opening soon, 30 feet away, at 426 Chapala Street.
A new restaurant named Cádiz has opened at 509 State St, the former home of Bricks Café and Casa Blanca. The food is Southern Mediterranean cuisine (Spanish, Southern Italian, Sicilian, Southern France, and Moroccan) with farm-to-table ingredients that I am told is … Continue reading
Star Trek’s William Shatner is celebrating his 80th birthday today. Co-star Leonard Nimoy turns 80 this Saturday. (I’m a computer geek. I’m obligated to report this stuff.)
A new cafe and rental kitchen named “Goodland Kitchen” opens at 231 S. Magnolia Ave in Old Town Goleta on Monday, March 28th. Hours will be Mon-Fri 7am – 2pm. Here is a description found on their web site goodlandkitchen.com: … Continue reading
A new vegan restaurant named Alchemy Arts Cafe open last Friday at 430 Chapala St. It is part of a new wellness spa named the Alchemy Arts Center. The cafe serves juices and “holistic cuisine” which includes primarily raw items made … Continue reading
I recent heard about a business named Pink Velvet Cupcakes that sells specialty sweets online at pinkvelvetcupcakes.com. Here is a description from their web site: Pink Velvet Cupcakes is a catering cupcakery. With over fifteen years of baking experience, our … Continue reading
Empress Palace at 2251 Las Positas Rd is promoting a new restaurant named “Wok Wok Fusion” in their Axxess book advertisement and say that it is “coming soon.” I called Empress Palace and was not able to get further details about it.
This just in from Silvergreens: Hey John, Wanted to let your readers know Silvergreens on Chapala has a new Seasonal Dinner Menu every night from 5-10pm. Norwegian Salmon, Cowboy Steak, Chicken Parmesan, “Green Fries” (made from hand breaded green beans), Mashed … Continue reading
In a post last year I wrote about a law change that is being considered that would allow dogs on restaurant patios (provided it is ok with the merchant). I am told that at a recent meeting at the Environmental … Continue reading
I recently wrote that something was happening at 2911 De La Vina St, the former home of Jake’s Cafe. Reader Richard tells me that La Bella Rosa Bakery at 1411 San Andres St will be opening a second location at Jake’s old stomping … Continue reading
New Baja Grill at 7024 Camino Real Marketplace in Goleta offers a “Taco Tuesday” special from 4pm-9pm: 2 tacos for $2.99, 2 beers for $3.50 and 99 cent sodas. Speaking of Camino Real Marketplace, Borders announced today that they are closing … Continue reading
Watch as Bagpipes & Greenies in the Santa Barbara Independent’s St. Patrick’s Day Stroll march down State Street yesterday afternoon then suddenly storm Joe’s Cafe.