IS THE TAJ CAFE CLOSED?

I received word a few weeks ago that Indian restaurant The Taj Cafe at 905 State Street might close. Today I received word that they did close but have been unable to confirm it. Nobody answers the phone when you call during business hours which is not a good sign. If you are wandering downtown, can you take a look for me?

7 Responses to IS THE TAJ CAFE CLOSED?

1. Anonymous says:

brown paper on windows, sign on door at taj

2. Jerry Russoniello says:

They had bad service. I am not the only one that thinks so. Check out the comments in the Rest. review section. Almost ALL bad service reviews.

I guess the owners are oblivious to the comments. Bye Bye

3. Diane Huguenin says:

Our company used them for our Friday lunches once in a while and they were excellent! Food was one of the best Indian food in town. Sorry to see them go.

4. Andi ^..^ ~ says:

I really liked that place only when a couple of times ..BUT .
    I was always treated like royalty there..
    Nice people .. sad to see them go .

John , I am quite curious what they will do with the space … would make a lovely art gallery space :)

5. David W says:

I wonder if the Ventura Taj is still open? I’m fairly sure they had the same owners.

6. singh says:

taj cafe closed because of high rent and economical conditions

7. Judy says:

Too bad about the Taj closing. About 6 weeks ago, I went in for the first time and found it to be excellent. Was googling for their phone number just now and saw the notice. Taste of India is pretty good, and closer to me, but they’re not open on Sundays.