CAFE LUCK UPDATE

I called Cafe Luck at 18 E. Cota Street last night and was told that the restaurant has a new chef and that the menu has been updated to include an “eclectic mix of cuisines.” I am told that the most popular items are still on the menu. In addition to French cuisine, Cafe Luck now serves Italian, Californian and seafood.

7 Responses to CAFE LUCK UPDATE

1. SL says:

That doesn’t sound like a good thing.

2. SBtaste says:

I don’t who the brain child behind that move was, but it’s wrong. I think the success of a restaurant is closely tied to how well they preserve the authencity of foods whether it be French and not mix it up. What would Renaud’s be if they all of a sudden started to sell Greek food? Not much cred there…

• Jerry Russoniello says:

Big mistake if you ask me. The whole french Bistro thing is why we go. You can’t be everything to everyone.

Next they will have burritos and sushi on the menu.

3. Jerry Russoniello says:

PS. I hope the Rest. owners read these comments. Don’t dilute the concept, improve it!

4. Anonymous says:

Any decision at Cafe Luck, although approved by Gene Montesano, is made by John Bennett who also takes care of Joe’e Cafe…..He and his family also own Brophy Brothers.

5. Jane Eric says:

The previous chef was known to throw things. Like steaming pots of clams to the wall when he was displeased. Don’t care what your pedigree is, neither employees nor employers should have to put up with that.

New chef has every right to set the menu as he chooses.

6. Joy says:

They have officially closed.