A BICYCLE AND BROKEN RADIO

The Santa Barbara Independent has a story out today about my interview with Petros Restaurant in Los Olivos that was published in the Daily Sound last Tuesday.

I was not contacted by the Independent for comment so I’ll instead post my comments here.  I originally called Petros and asked to be put in touch with someone authorized to speak on behalf of Petros to the Santa Barbara Daily Sound newspaper. The person who answered the phone took my number said I should speak with Jeanette Legg and said “Legg is the ‘everything person.’  She is responsible for everything at both the Los Olivos and Manhattan Beach Petros restaurants.” Ms. Legg called me back and told me the story that I reported to you. I also contacted Cafe Buenos Aires who declined to comment.

I wasn’t contacted by the Independent for comment so I can add some additional information to the story.  I originally called Petros and asked to be put in touch with someone authorized to speak on behalf of Petros to the Santa Barbara Daily Sound newspaper. The person who answered the phone said I needed to speak with Jeanette Legg and said “Legg is the manager, accountant and responsible for everything at both the Los Olivos and Manhattan Beach Petros restaurants.” Ms. Legg called me back and told me the story that I reported to you.

7 Responses to A BICYCLE AND BROKEN RADIO

1. lemonjelly says:

The Indy article only reported on the inconvenient side of the rumor. There’s a positive side in that it generates buzz and interest in the restaurant and probably created a lift in business. My experience with hearing of a place closing is rushing out there for a last meal. Examples: Dean-o’s, Whitefoot to name some recents. How often was CBA a part of food conversation until the the rumor popped up.

2. Chris says:

The Ronchiettos seem a little nutty to me. I don’t plan on visiting Cafe Buenos Aires until it changes ownership.

3. Sbtaste says:

Most owners would have no passed along the truth because it’s not always in their interest …rather wait it out and claim foulplay later if it doesn’t fit their agenda… let’s think back didn’t something similar happen to Chad’s?

The perils of the restaurant guy. I think the location of that place is so key being across from the Arlington that he has probably fielded a lot of offers. I guess you’ll have to get the Ok next time esp from the place that is supposedly going out of business, but a denial would have saved them this.

5. Chris says:

Just because CBA was not technically sold as of yet, does not make the story incorrect. Even Wally’s comments are vague like the Independent says. So let’s give this a few months and see what happens. My guess is that Wally is fielding offers to sell and this restaurant turns over at some point.

6. Heather Osbrink says:

Can we just say that John Dickson is a **** ******, albeit all of his imaginary food “glory”? Posting a BS story, making allegations that aren’t confirmed, and then quoating someone who you never spoke to is ludacris. Then again, it is clearly the way of a struggling reporter.

Hear, hear!