NICKY D’S PIZZA OPENS

Nicky D’s Wood-Fired Pizza has opened at 2840 De La Vina St, the former home of Pizza Hut.

I first mentioned Nicky D’s in this blog on August 6, 2010.

I added Nicky D’s to the restaurant guide today.

9 Responses to NICKY D’S PIZZA OPENS

1. Dianne says:

Tried the pizza last night – pretty good.

2. Angela says:

I ordered a pizza from here the other day and i was very disappointed. It smelled wonderful but once i got home i found that the dough was very soggy from the bottom it was gross! I couldn’t even pick it up to eat it like a pizza. After spending $19 on this pizza i don’t think i will go back for pizza but i’d like to try the pasta dishes they offer . I think the pizza needed to be cooked a bit more and i put it in my oven at home but the bottom was still too soft to pick up the pizza.

3. Mike says:

I was excited to try this place. Unfortunately, I had the exact same experience as Angela. Pizza was very soggy, doughy seemed undercooked, and I couldn’t really pick it up without it falling apart. I do want to add that the employees were very friendly to talk to and seem eager to do a good job. Too bad the pizza didn’t measure up to the level of customer service.

4. Westside says:

My husband and I actually had a good experience with the crust. It was well done, even blackened in some spots (which we liked), and had a great flavor. We’ll be going back to try a couple of their specialty pizzas. NIcky D was actually there when we went in and very chatty.

5. Dianne says:

Funny, ours was cooked perfectly. Are these reviews real?

Not having gone there it sounds like the NY Pizza over Harder crust pizza issue? For true NY style you are supposed to fold the pizza in the middle of the slice so that the toppings are in the middle and eat more like a sandwich almost. From Wiki on NY style if that is what this is:
    “The slices are often eaten as a ‘street snack’ while folded in half, as its size and flexibility sometimes makes it unwieldy to eat flat.”

7. matt says:

waited for my pizza after i ordered it. Then was asked 20 min later what my order was? They did not start my pizzas yet, not to mention they made the wrong pizza for the customer before me.
    I wanted to try this place, but sadly they lost me as a customer before i could even try it.

8. Nancy says:

We love this pizza… it is different than any other in town. Give it a try I think you will like it!

9. Nancy says:

VERY generous with the toppings – the really load it down so you cannot even pick up the piece of pizza without it drooping, the topping are so heavy. We love it. Wouldn’t eat there at the restaurant – tables are way too cramped and we stood and waited a half hour once for our take-away pizza, and a table never got bussed, but still, they are our new favorite pizza. The best in SB!