This blog was launched on December 19, 2006 and the format has not changed at all since then, not even a little bit. But time and technology march on so today marks the day that I officially sunset my 1990’s-style blog and launch an entirely new system that I started developing last fall. Features of the new blog include:
- Comments: You can now post comments in the blog. For four years you let me do all the talking. Now it’s your turn.
- Email List: Subscribe to the new Restaurant Guy email list and have news updates automatically sent to your inbox.
- RSS: The blog now has a restaurant news RSS feed and a comments RSS feed. RSS is kind of a complicated subject but in a nutshell, it is a method of having my news content automatically broadcast to the public in a variety of ways without requiring people to visit my web site with a browser.
- Direct Links: You can now view each news item on a separate page (by clicking the title). This makes it possible to share links to a specific news item rather having to link to the entire blog.
- Calendar: You can now view the blog in a calendar format and jump back to a specific day of the week.
- Search: The blog is now searchable.
- Archives: All my old blogs dating back to 2006 are being transferred to the new format and will be searchable. As of this writing I have imported all blogs from 2010.