- NC on POKEMEE OPENS AT HOLLISTER VILLAGE IN GOLETA
- Christine on POKEMEE OPENS AT HOLLISTER VILLAGE IN GOLETA
- N on POKEMEE OPENS AT HOLLISTER VILLAGE IN GOLETA
- Lily on POKEMEE OPENS AT HOLLISTER VILLAGE IN GOLETA
- Cora on POKEMEE OPENS AT HOLLISTER VILLAGE IN GOLETA
- Lily on SOMERSET RESTAURANT OPENING DOWNTOWN
- AHB on NIKKA RAMEN COMING TO GOLETA
- Kathy G on SOMERSET RESTAURANT OPENING DOWNTOWN
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: January 2011
January 27, 2011 – Santa Barbara International Film Festival opening night at Paseo Nuevo
I take a lot of pictures for SantaBarbara.com and this blog. I take so many that I wear-out digital cameras every few years. My first digital camera, the Kodak DC-40, which was one of the first consumer digital cameras available, was … Continue reading
While walking up State Street Monday night, after bartending at Pierre Lafond Wine Bistro for a Solstice fundraiser, I noticed that all the lights were on in the building formerly known as Borders. The placed was stripped clean and looking quite … Continue reading
Two local Cold Stone Creamery locations, 504 State Street in Santa Barbara and 5718 Calle Real Road in Goleta, are celebrating the Santa Barbara International Film Festival (January 27-February 6) with special limited time ice cream creations representing five festival … Continue reading
A new mobile gourmet food service named “O Street Truck” will debut in Santa Barbara at the end of February. They specialize in Mediterranean, French-Mex and French Vietnamese fare. O Street Truck will travel around the South Coast (Santa Barbara, Goleta, Carpinteria, Isla Vista) … Continue reading
Brendan’s Irish Pub & Restaurant opened last week at 1755 E. Daily Dr in Camarillo. I first mentioned the pending arrival of Brendan’s in this column on September 8th. Sources tell me that the eatery is now actively looking for suitable spot in Santa Barbara and Goleta … Continue reading
This just in from Jeremiah Higgins, Operations Manager and partner at Arch Rock Fish 608 Anacapa St: Hi John, Biography is filming a Gordan Ramsay biography special, and since Scott Liebfried has been Gordan’s right hand man for almost 10 years now, … Continue reading
In this new section of the column I offer you a sneak peek at real restaurant news that cannot yet be published or might never be published, depending on how the story unfolds. The names have been changed to protect the innocent. The well-known downtown … Continue reading
Santa Barbara rolls out the red carpet for film lovers and food fans during the International Film Festival January 27-February 6, 2011. The eleven-day celebration coincides with “Film Feast,” a new prix fixe restaurant program available at dozens of downtown … Continue reading
The Spanish restaurant coming soon to 509 State St. (formerly Bricks Cafe) will be named “Cadiz.” Previously in this column I referred to the eatery as “Cabana” then “Casablanca.” Cadiz is scheduled to open in February.
Asian-fusion restaurant The Blue Owl, which offers late-night eats inside Zen Yai restaurant 425 State St. after hours, has started offering lunch on Saturdays from 11:30am-2:30pm. The menu includes Red Curry shrimp Roll (grilled ciabatta and shrimp w carmelized onions), … Continue reading
A small yellow sign (currently out of public view because the backside faces the street) has appeared in the weeds at the huge empty lot on Hollister Ave, directly across from Camino Real Marketplace in Goleta. It reads: “NOTICE OF PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT Case name: Westar … Continue reading
I am still busy trying to clear my email inbox and handle other business matters so you might not hear from me for the rest of the week.
Last Friday I broke the news that the owners of La Entrada, the large, stalled construction project on State Street near the train station, closed escrow with a Los Angeles developer. Sources tell me that the developer who purchased the La Entrada property from Mountain Funding is Michael … Continue reading
Multiple sources tell me that Cliff’s & Co. at 1919 Cliff Dr. on the Mesa closed their doors recently.
Today I added pictures to the SantaBarbara.com Restaurant Guide for: Killer B BBQ and Bar Kingston’s Candy Company Petrini’s – Goleta Sunnyside Market & Deli Tepeyac Taquitos
Petrini’s Family Restaurant, a fixture at 14 W. Calle Laureles in Santa Barbara for more than 50 years, has opened a new location at 5711 Calle Real in Goleta, the former home of Luigi’s Pizza & Pasta. The new eatery is … Continue reading
Wednesday, January 19th, 7pm at Borders in Camino Real Marketplace in Goleta Jeff & Matt Nichols from Mattei’s Tavern are launching their new cookbook named “Brothers Cuisine.” The Restaurant Guy will be on hand to moderate a question & answer session that … Continue reading
On Monday, January 24 from 6-9pm John Palminteri and The Restaurant Guy will be bartenders at Pierre Lafond Wine Bistro 516 State St. for “Age of Aquarius,” a fundraiser for the Solstice Parade. This $25 event includes dinner, a no host … Continue reading
Today I added Petrini’s – Goleta and Tepeyac Taquitos to the SantaBarbara.com Restaurant Guide.
Since November I have been busy planning and running my Santa Claus call center, developing an entirely new food news blog, running and tabulating the Best of 2011 restaurant poll and moving SantaBarbara.com over to entirely new, faster computer hardware with a new … Continue reading
Call me old-fashioned but I used to think that chocolate was something people eat – that is until I saw this product in CVS recently.
JANUARY 23-29 is “restaurant week” in Santa Ynez Valley. Here is a press-release I received from Laura Kath, Media Relations Director for the Santa Ynez Valley Visitors Association, that lists participating eateries: SANTA YNEZ VALLEY RESTAURANT WEEK IS JANUARY 23-29, 2011 … Continue reading
Some people like chain restaurants for the popular food and the jobs they bring. Others don’t like them because they feel chain restaurants can ruin our unique charm and turn Santa Barbara in to another suburb of L.A. How do you … Continue reading
Sources tell me that the owners of La Entrada, the large, stalled construction project on State Street near the train station, closed escrow at 11am this morning with a wealthy Los Angeles developer.
I am told that Curious Cup in Carpinteria no longer plans to have a cafe & coffee shop as part of their bookstore.
A message on Edhat this morning says that Carvel Ice Cream at 147 N. Fairview Ave in Goleta closed January 10th. FYI, I am writing this message on my iPhone while in the waiting room at my doctors office (annual … Continue reading
Owners Laura & Ernie Rodriguez open their new Mexican restaurant named Tepeyac Taquitos at noon this Saturday at 201 W Carrillo St., near the intersection of Carrillo & De La Vina. The grand opening will be featuring live Spanish guitar music … Continue reading
Owner Kiona Gross opens her independent bookstore and coffee shop named “Curious Cup” today at 929 Linden Avenue in Carpinteria. Curious Cup is a specialized bookstore focusing on children, teen, and young adult books with an emphasis on multicultural and bilingual books. In addition … Continue reading
Today I added Killer B’s BBQ and Bar at 718 State Street to the BBQ section of the Santa Barbara.com Restaurant Guide.