- VRSPetey on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- VRSPetey on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- Cris on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- Danny on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- N on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- Lily on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- Pamela MacKenzie on TIMBERS CLOSES
- m on BRASIL ARTS CAFÉ ASKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: December 2010
Because SantaBarbara.com’s “Best Of” survey department has a staff of exactly one (The Restaurant Guy) I’ll be busy tabulating thousands of poll results all next week and probably won’t be updating this blog. That doesn’t mean I’m not thinking about … Continue reading
This just in from reader John: Hi John, The restaurant site where Los Agaves was going to open up in La Arcada now has a liquor transfer license posted (double transfer, whatever that means). The new place is going to … Continue reading
Today is the last chance to vote for your favorite restaurants in the annual “Best Of” poll. The results will be displayed in the restaurant guide throughout 2011. Have a great New Years eve!
I have been receiving messages from readers that Zia Cafe at 532 State St. has been dark for weeks. I called the eatery yesterday and the phone number is no longer in service. Last night I paid a visit to Zia Cafe and they … Continue reading
This just in from The Savoy at 409 State St.: Hi John, I wanted to let your readers know about the special night we have in plan for those that would like to spend their New Year’s Eve with us at … Continue reading
This just in from the Canary Hotel 31 West Carrillo St.: Santa Barbara, CA – Attention New Year’s Eve party jet setters… the captain has turned off the “fasten seatbelt” sign, and you are now free to move about … Continue reading
My foodie duties for the year wouldn’t be complete without summarizing activity at food & drink destinations on the South Coast: In 2010 there were 40 openings and 37 closures of food-related businesses (with walk-in storefronts). When compared to the … Continue reading
Here is a complete list of local food & drink destinations that opened in 2010: December 2010: Sunnyside Market & Deli 436 E. Gutierrez St November 2010: Backyard Bowls 5668 Calle Real, Goleta; Cafe Zoma 7127 Hollister Ave, Goleta; Chipotle … Continue reading
Here is a complete list of local food & drink destinations that closed in 2010: December 2010: Beach Grill at Padaro 3765 Santa Claus Ln, Carpinteria; Chino’s Rock & Tacos 714 State St; Miss Saigon Grill and Lounge 424 State … Continue reading
This just in from EOS Lounge, 500 Anacapa St: Friends of Eos Lounge, an Announcement: Indeed our license was suspended for 10 days due to an oversight that amounted to a minor on premise in April and we will be … Continue reading
I received this press release about an event being put on tomorrow by Pizza Mizza: Pizza Mizza is hosting a day long scavenger hunt around the city of Santa Barbara. We’ll be hiding 5 $100 Pizza Mizza Gift Cards in … Continue reading
Here are statistics from the Santa Claus call center that was in operation all last week. For the third year in a row the most-requested toy from a boy was the Nintendo DS/DSi portable game player. The iPod Touch came … Continue reading
December 20-24, 2010 – Accidental Santa call center volunteer photo album .
Last fall I developed software to help stop prank phone calls from taking down the Accidental Santa call center. Up until this year these tele-scrooges were an ongoing headache for volunteers. I am happy to report that the little pranksters … Continue reading
The Beach Grill at Padaro at 3765 Santa Claus Ln in Carpinteria has gone out of business. I received a tip in November about their pending year-end closure so I decided to stop by last night and saw that a … Continue reading
Reader Justin tells me this morning that there is a new sign on the front door of EOS Lounge at 500 Anacapa St. that reads: “NOTICE OF SUSPENSION Alcoholic Beverage Licenses Issued for These Premises Have Been Suspended By Order … Continue reading
I am having fun with my new Pano app for the iPhone. I took this panorama last night inside a very cozy Brophy Bros. at the harbor while enjoying a nice dinner of clam chowder, Mahi Mahi and an oyster … Continue reading
On December 2nd signs appeared in La Arcada indicating that Los Agaves restaurant (600 N. Milpas St.) would soon open a new location there. I have confirmed that lease negotiations have ended at that Los Agaves will not be coming … Continue reading
I had dinner at Los Agaves (600 N. Milpas St.) last night and discovered their Salmon Tacos ($11.95) which now makes my top ten favorite dishes on the South Coast. The salmon taco meal was on the specials board and … Continue reading
Our Santa Claus call center volunteer Cuca (a.k.a. “Cranberry the Elf”) kept some statistics about the names and states we received calls from during her volunteer session yeserday. Apparently the call center was featured in TV news broadcasts throughout Louisiana … Continue reading
Dog lovers will be thrilled to know that you will soon be able to bring your beloved pet with you to outdoor patios at Santa Barbara County restaurants. Currently this is against the law though many people get around this … Continue reading
This just in from Jill Brouillard, founder of Fresco Cafe: Hey John, Just wanted to wish you a Happy Christmas! Mark and I will be back in town for 2011. We will be working closely with the Fresco restaurants in … Continue reading
Earlier this year I announced that Crushcakes & Cafe at 1315 Anacapa St. is opening a new location at 4945 Carpinteria Ave in Carpinteria. They will be open daily from 8am until 6pm. Owner Shannon Noormand sent me the following … Continue reading
The 5th annual Santa Barbara restaurant survey is underway until December 31st. To vote for your favorite restaurants, coffee shops and bakeries visit SantaBarbara.com/survey. Poll results will be published in the restaurant guide in early January and will be displayed … Continue reading
The Accidental Santa call center opened yesterday. If you would like your children to speak to Santa or Mrs. Claus have them call 800-726-8222. SIMA Management Corporation will once again be providing a home for the call center at 1129 … Continue reading
The Restaurant Guy food news blog became 4 years old today. My restaurant guide had been online for more than 10 years at that point and I had never said a word to the public. I just kept plugging away, keeping the … Continue reading
Reliable sources tell me that Brophy Bros. at the Santa Barbara Harbor has taken over neighboring Minnow Cafe and plans to serve take-out meals including clam chowder, hamburgers and more. It is unclear what the name will be called. I … Continue reading
December 16, 2010 – SB Independent Holiday Party at El Paseo
December 16, 2010 – SB Chamber of Commerce Holiday Party
Today I added Kingston’s Candy Company at 3415 State St (upper State) to the Dessert section of the restaurant guide. They opened in October.