The Santa Barbara Museum of Natural history has introduced two bookend events to complement the ever-popular Santa Barbara Wine Festival. The Women Winemakers event that occurred in the spring received rave reviews and the upcoming autumn symposium is sure to “wow” attendees with its all-star panel of Santa Barbara winemakers. Panelists will include Jim Clendenen (Au Bon Climat), Fred Brander (Brander Vineyards), Ken Brown (Ken Brown Wines), Bob Lindquist (Qupe), Lane Tanner (Lumen Wines), and Rick Longoria (Longoria Wines); all of whom are pioneers in the industry. Antonio Gardella, a local fine wine specialist, is scheduled to moderate the panel with an hour long Q&A, followed by socializing and tastings from 10 local wineries and 6 local food vendors. Attendees will have the chance to mingle with the winemakers and ask any questions of their own. “In the Beginning: The Early Years in the Santa Barbara Wine Country” will take place on October 23, 2016 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Fleischmann Auditorium at the Museum’s Mission Creek campus. Tickets are $75 for members and $100 for non-members, and are available now at sbnature.org/tickets. For more information contact Meridith Moore at 805-682-4711 ext. 112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.